Tomkins Leaving - Official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Tomkins Leaving - Official

Post by medlocke »

Pardon me for not getting my lip stick out but he proved how fantastic he was in the NRL, he has put in some very good performances this season and a great performance at Magic weekend but he ain't no Tom Trbojevic
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:He's a class act, we are much better with him than without him. He has a brilliant rugby brain, outstanding vision and he manages a game better than anyone else in SL. The only player that comes close to him is Barba. Catalans have done a great bit of business.
SEFC, please stop, you will offend to many people!
TBW just stop it now!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:He's a class act, we are much better with him than without him. He has a brilliant rugby brain, outstanding vision and he manages a game better than anyone else in SL. The only player that comes close to him is Barba. Catalans have done a great bit of business.
SEFC, please stop, you will offend to many people!
TBW just stop it now!
Ok Boss! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
pedro

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote:Pardon me for not getting my lip stick out but he proved how fantastic he was in the NRL, he has put in some very good performances this season and a great performance at Magic weekend but he ain't no Tom Trbojevic
he was fantastic in the NRL in his first season, then they played him injured and even mis diagnosed his injury which we had to fix so not really his fault eh
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I thought he was at fault for the Ratchford try, and his goal kicking was poor. Apart from that he did well.

I though Williams was unlucky not to be included in the MOM selection. He was involved in most tries and his kick for Marshalls was inch perfect.
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

First Try Tickle wrote:I thought he was at fault for the Ratchford try, and his goal kicking was poor. Apart from that he did well.
3 players stopped, you could blame anyone of them. His goal kicking was fine, missed some out wide but harsh to criticise for that
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

His goal kicking is worse than average, but it won’t matter if the team keeps playing as well as we did on Saturday.
By the way, I had some time on my hands and re watched the second half earlier. I don’t know if anyone still has it recorded or can remember, but I would be interested to hear what of note, if anything, anyone spotted Sam doing. There was one decent kick to the in goal and one rubbish one that gave them 7 tackles on the 20 (which ended with their disallowed try), but I could not see him actually do anything with ball in hand.
Meanwhile, Bateman was fantastic, and pretty much every other back made a break or were key to a try. It was a complete team performance.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:His goal kicking is worse than average, but it won’t matter if the team keeps playing as well as we did on Saturday.
By the way, I had some time on my hands and re watched the second half earlier. I don’t know if anyone still has it recorded or can remember, but I would be interested to hear what of note, if anything, anyone spotted Sam doing. There was one decent kick to the in goal and one rubbish one that gave them 7 tackles on the 20 (which ended with their disallowed try), but I could not see him actually do anything with ball in hand.
Meanwhile, Bateman was fantastic, and pretty much every other back made a break or were key to a try. It was a complete team performance.

Apart from marshalling and organising the defensive line and effort, he was pretty quiet!

That D doesn't just happen, and it's down to the FB to have a securely integrated and motivated line, that controls and frustrates and keeps out the opposition. His influence in this department alone is vital to the team effort. And going forward, his presence is, and has been, a valuable tactical distraction.

Even Shaun Johnson went out of his way to say how much he missed ST at the early point of his injury absence !
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

So, it’s waving and talking?