Wane Leaving

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AndyNick

Wane Leaving

Post by AndyNick »

Just been announced on Sky Sports News, Wane to leave at the end of the season.

TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Wane Leaving

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Honestly I thought he’d down enough to stay,but we will see if this turns into an error or not,Edwards coming back? I wonder prompted the change maybw
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

Well a few people have finally got what they wanted.

He’s going, sam is going, according to league weekly sutty and Bateman are going so it’s a big turnover without even know what Lockers and Tommy are up to next year.
Edwards on his own is a huge risk. Edwards with someone like Paul Deacon would excite me.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Theres gonna be big changes next season...... i think a new coach will probably clear out some players that are not up to the mark.....maybe
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If SE does get the job im sure he will do his homework....... knowing wigan SE will already know if hes got the job or not, which will give him plenty of time to plan......im hoping whoever gets the job brings in a top quality scout for cheaper overseas signings( hungry and not has beens)....no matter what anybody says, we wont know nothing till hes coaching full time at wigan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote:Theres gonna be big changes next season...... i think a new coach will probably clear out some players that are not up to the mark.....maybe
Rads said there was going to be last off season, i wasn't expecting anything but it now looks like we are breaking the best mates culture at last, exciting times, If he delivers at least 1 piece of silverware i will be happy, 2 pieces very happy, all 3 and i'll stop being negative for a whole day :D
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

With SW announcing hes leaving this early its a great opportunity for wigan to get the new coach chosen....... this would give him time to see how things are being run at the club( rightly or wrongly)...... also what players he needs/ doesnt need....... just a thought....... its always better for a new coach to have a say on his players
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Interesting time to announce a resignation, more or less straight after the announcement of Tomkins leaving and the signing of Hardaker.
Has all this had some influence on Wane?

A lot of RL fans predicting he will end up at Catalans. He has stated he wants to 'advance his career', surely head coach at Catalans isn't advancing his career after leaving Wigan?
My prediction; Head Coach or Number 2 role in the NRL.