Next Wigan coach?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Next Wigan coach?

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I must have thought i was still replying to you on Facebook Josie :blush: :blush: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep up Meds ????????
Had 7 different things on the go, won't be doing that again :lol:
Yes I know, you already gave a response to me on FB that was meant for someone else ????????[/quote] :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :lol:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I thought a major consideration for Bennett was the care for one of his kids, who has medical issues, I think. It didn't stop him going to Sydney of course, but must be a factor. It would be vertainly be interesting to see what he could bring to the club, but judging by England's performances, I am guessing it'll be defend and no errors rugby.
Oh, and I read an article somewhere today that pointed out that the 3 coaching appointments IL has made have been McDermott (at London), Madge and Wane. Now, that is some track record.

Re kids I think he had one that has severe disabilities I believe. But looking into him he is not with his wife now. Just search him you will find the details so maybe that is not as much of an issue as it was previously.

Though tbh I think we will not get but I wish we did.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I thought a major consideration for Bennett was the care for one of his kids, who has medical issues, I think. It didn't stop him going to Sydney of course, but must be a factor. It would be vertainly be interesting to see what he could bring to the club, but judging by England's performances, I am guessing it'll be defend and no errors rugby.
Oh, and I read an article somewhere today that pointed out that the 3 coaching appointments IL has made have been McDermott (at London), Madge and Wane. Now, that is some track record.

Re kids I think he had one that has severe disabilities I believe. But looking into him he is not with his wife now. Just search him you will find the details so maybe that is not as much of an issue as it was previously.

He's got a younger piece of tottie now, think his son must be in his mid to late 20's now if not early 30's, recall him being early teens in 90's though could be wrong
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:
thegimble wrote:

He's got a younger piece of tottie now, think his son must be in his mid to late 20's now if not early 30's, recall him being early teens in 90's though could be wrong
Think your right
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:According to the footy show, Wigan have put in a big offer to Wayne Bennett. Now that if true is a show of intent.
I’d heard this, & I posted on the Rumour Mill when I got a link to a source ????
Again though what can Wigan offer someone like Bennett?
Has been a great coach, but I think he is a bit too old to be taking on a new roll for us.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

PF Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I’d heard this, & I posted on the Rumour Mill when I got a link to a source ????
Has been a great coach, but I think he is a bit too old to be taking on a new roll for us.
Was thinking that earlier, 68 too old to moving to the cold wet North of England after Brisbane
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dunno why people keep mentioning tommy..... what makes him into a coach all of a sudden? He wasnt the best organiser at “7”, so why would he make a good coach?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

What about trying to get Bellamy in for a season he's been linked with brisbane but may have to take a year out ,this could give the likes of Oloughlin a chance to learn off a great coach as it would if Bennett came or even give the extra year Edwards may want to coach in the World Cup and then come home
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I’d heard this, & I posted on the Rumour Mill when I got a link to a source ????
A challenge to prove himself away from the NRL, Free car, Rent free home, years supply of Pooles pies?
Yes, but apart from a challenge to prove himself away from the NRL, Free car, Rent free home, years supply of Pooles pies, aqueducts, sanitation, roads . . . what can Wigan offer someone like Bennett?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

medlocke wrote:
PF Warrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Again though what can Wigan offer someone like Bennett?
Was thinking that earlier, 68 too old to moving to the cold wet North of England after Brisbane
Everybody I speak to who's been to Australia says it's crap. Dear ale, everybody's in bed for 9 o'clock, run down, full of unfriendly folk and killer insects.

He'll love it here. I've only ever known Trent Barrett's wife not like it