When's the next Riversiders meeting ???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Pie Eyed

When's the next Riversiders meeting ???

Post by Pie Eyed »

Is it this Tuesday (7th) ?

Not having been able to get to either the last meeting or the Christmas do, I'm not sure.

Please let me know.
Paul Howard

Riversiders

Post by Paul Howard »

More to the point, how do I become a Riversider. What is involved in being a Riversider ?
Pie Eyed

About Riversiders

Post by Pie Eyed »

Hi Paul.

1. "What is involved" is simply the opportunity to come along to monthly meetings, talk to players and staff of the club, hopefully find out news and gossip first-hand and meet up with fellow Wigan RL fans.

We also arrange coaches to matches (at lower cost than the club - Thanks to Mike and Ellie), and organise trips to Murrayfield & Cardiff, etc..

2. "How to join" - Simple.

Come along to one of our meetings (Normally you are not jumped on the first night to "pay up or get out", like so many other places...).

Just come in, see if you like what you see and the fees are £5 for adults and £3 for juniors (Someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

If you want to come down, I'm sure that (if you want), some of us from on here can make ourselves known so that you're not sat in the corner wondering whether to say anything to anyone.

See you there, hopefully.

Craig
Paul Howard

Thanks Craig

Post by Paul Howard »

Thankyou for your help. I'm working abroad just now so I might not make the meeting this month, but I'll let you know when I will be there. Where do they meet ? What time are the meetings ?I'd be very excited to meet some of the players ! Although my uncle played for saints and I know a former Wigan player, I've never met any of the stars I've seen play myself.
Pie Eyed

Riversiders meetings

Post by Pie Eyed »

We meet in the new John Smiths bar, unser the South Stand.

Get there around 7.30pm for an 8.00pm start.

They can go until anything from 9.30ish to 10.00ish, although SOME people have been know to get thrown out at about 10.45 whilst still talking.

Don't worry that your uncle played for Saints, we won't hold that against you TOO much (maybe just get Mike to double your entrance fee) :)
Bilko

Next Meet? Nobody knows!

Post by Bilko »

I've just sent a text to Chris and she has no idea when the next meet is. So it's anyone's guess.

Mike didn't have a confirmed date at the last meet and the last time I spoke to him (Sunday before xmas) he didn't know then. I suspect next Tuesday though. If so cya there!