Sam & Joel, The Video

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
captinjack

Re: Sam & Joel, The Video

Post by captinjack »

Richymac wrote:I hope neither of them ever play for us again! It’s inexcusable for a sportsman or woman in the 21st century to A) be that intoxicated during the season especially with how well we have been doing and of course B) Treat a member of the public like that. Obviously nobody should ever be subjected to that treatment. I was physically shaking when watching it, I was so enraged! That’s my opinion on this it may seem extreme but I have lost a lot of respect for either of these guys!
Correct me if I am wrong, but did not IL state after the Bateman Mossop debacle that a player who brought the Club's name into disrepute that their Contract would be on the line. I know he didn't use those words, but that was the gist of it. What is Joel, especially, still doing as a Wigan Warriors player? Fining him and banning for team selection for 4 weeks is IL backing down.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

cherry.pie wrote:So an article on Wigan Today had a quote from the bar owner saying he contacted the club and they said they'd deal with it internally.

The video comes out 5 weeks later and the club release a statement suspending Joel and fining both.

That's a bit contradictory. Who did the owner report the incident to within the club? And if it was being dealt with internally why has this only happened 5 weeks later after the video became public.

Some further questions need answering.
Also why is the suspension and fine only happening now, shouldn't this investigation be 5 weeks old already? More lies from Rads and the club
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cherry.pie wrote:So an article on Wigan Today had a quote from the bar owner saying he contacted the club and they said they'd deal with it internally.

The video comes out 5 weeks later and the club release a statement suspending Joel and fining both.

That's a bit contradictory. Who did the owner report the incident to within the club? And if it was being dealt with internally why has this only happened 5 weeks later after the video became public.

Some further questions need answering.
There’s a pic on Facebook of the barmaid in question saying she’d been paid a grand to delete the video.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

captinjack wrote:
Richymac wrote:I hope neither of them ever play for us again! It’s inexcusable for a sportsman or woman in the 21st century to A) be that intoxicated during the season especially with how well we have been doing and of course B) Treat a member of the public like that. Obviously nobody should ever be subjected to that treatment. I was physically shaking when watching it, I was so enraged! That’s my opinion on this it may seem extreme but I have lost a lot of respect for either of these guys!
Correct me if I am wrong, but did not IL state after the Bateman Mossop debacle that a player who brought the Club's name into disrepute that their Contract would be on the line. I know he didn't use those words, but that was the gist of it. What is Joel, especially, still doing as a Wigan Warriors player? Fining him and banning for team selection for 4 weeks is IL backing down.
I thought so as well it looks so weak if he doesn’t have his contract terminated. Having watched the video again it looks as if Sam does actually come round and calm down a bit but it’s not on at all from either of them and Sam is leaving next season anyway so give Escare a chance!
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Of course they'll be able to manage Hardaker.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Can see 1 of 3 things happening

1. Nothing at all
2. Joel fired after 4 week
3. Joel retires and takes up a back room staff job

1 & 3 are most likely
2. can not see happening due to the boys club culture that's currently in place.

Sad times ahead

Stated a few weeks back that Lenagan is no longer the man for the job seeing as he is too soft, this current debacle proves it
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote:Can see 1 of 3 things happening

1. Nothing at all

1 & 3 are most likely
2. can not see happening due to the boys club culture that's currently in place.

Sad times ahead

Stated a few weeks back that Lenagan is no longer the man for the job seeing as he is too soft, this current debacle proves it
Joel surely can't be offered any further role at the club? He has to go.
doc

Post by doc »

moto748 wrote:
medlocke wrote:Can see 1 of 3 things happening

1. Nothing at all

1 & 3 are most likely

Sad times ahead

Joel surely can't be offered any further role at the club? He has to go.
To be fair, the statement does mention discussing JT's long term future at the club. I wonder if the players had any inkling of the story breaking before yesterdays match?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

At least Wigan have acted,I suspect during his time off a few visits to the ill and needy of the town will be in order for Joel.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

fozzieskem wrote:At least Wigan have acted,I suspect during his time off a few visits to the ill and needy of the town will be in order for Joel.
Acted after 5 weeks of knowing about the incident and paying the girl off not to show the video. Too late to regain any credibility, bloody disgrace.