Sam & Joel, The Video

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Sam & Joel, The Video

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Be very difficult to sack him under employment law. Can’t use bringing employing company into disrepute as he was out with his brother so (regardless of both playing for same club, is classed as domestic outing)
If they want rid it will have to be a mutual agreement and release from contract ( will be entitled to a payment)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Be very difficult to sack him under employment law. Can’t use bringing employing company into disrepute as he was out with his brother so (regardless of both playing for same club, is classed as domestic outing)
If they want rid it will have to be a mutual agreement and release from contract ( will be entitled to a payment)
True,but this is getting ever more tacky it’s timw to “mutually agreement” him,this second video is far worse in my opinion and just isn’t acceptable from anyone not just a sports star
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Be very difficult to sack him under employment law. Can’t use bringing employing company into disrepute as he was out with his brother so (regardless of both playing for same club, is classed as domestic outing)
Doesn't matter if he was with his brother or not, it still classes as bringing the company in to disrepute. The company I work for use this all the time if an issue arises, doesn't matter what social media it appears if the company gets linked you are gone.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just seen the second video now. Get out the club. Now. What an arse
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Josie's friend wrote:
Doesn't matter if he was with his brother or not, it still classes as bringing the company in to disrepute. The company I work for use this all the time if an issue arises, doesn't matter what social media it appears if the company gets linked you are gone.
Agree, i have sacked people for much less.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Billgreenwoodsson

Post by Billgreenwoodsson »

I agree. The key lies with the details of the contract of employment. If it says that "acting in a manner which would cause embarassment etc to the Club then this would be regarded as Gross Misconduct" theh he would have not a leg to stand on.
By the way all those people saying there "was no assault" should have regard to an issue we had a few years ago. The accused was charged with assaulting a PCSO; the defence was that the accused "merely touched the arm of the PCSO and said "Excuse me , can I speak". Our solicitor explained after the hearing that touching someone who did not want to be touched was assault. The Magistrate who handed down the Guilty verdict was most apologetic when he said he had no option but to find the accused guilty even though he felt that it was a ridciculous decision. The video is not very clear but I feel sure that someone is "assaulted" many times.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I agree that he committed an assault, but in a way that is by the by as neither the victim nor the police intend to take it further.
We certainly have sufficient grounds for a dismissal, if his contract of employment is properly worded. We could instead agree not to sack him as long as he leaves at the end of the year (and surely we will no longer be offering him a chance to coach anyone, which is touched upon in Rads' announcement).

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote:Can see 1 of 3 things happening

1. Nothing at all
2. Joel fired after 4 week
3. Joel retires and takes up a back room staff job

1 & 3 are most likely
2. can not see happening due to the boys club culture that's currently in place.

Sad times ahead

Stated a few weeks back that Lenagan is no longer the man for the job seeing as he is too soft, this current debacle proves it
It's none of those!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:

1. Nothing at all

1 & 3 are most likely
2. can not see happening due to the boys club culture that's currently in place.

Sad times ahead

Stated a few weeks back that Lenagan is no longer the man for the job seeing as he is too soft, this current debacle proves it
It's none of those!
Whoopedy Do, Do you want a medal
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:

1. Nothing at all

1 & 3 are most likely

Sad times ahead

It's none of those!
Whoopedy Do, Do you want a medal
Ok but it better not be a Blue Peter Badge :)
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards