Sam & Joel, The Video

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Sam & Joel, The Video

Post by Wandering Warrior »

ddtftf wrote:Hamlin in he is never given a chance and looked a great prospect I think Joel sounds like Peter Kay
d
Think you've been very unfair to Peter Kay there. The Brats are not going to win any awards for that performance!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

4 Generations wrote:Thats the world we all now live in Ladies and Gents.They both walked straight into that one.Personally,i was hopeing Joel was going to shuve that Camera phone up her arse.CCTV wasn't enough.
Better still,shuved it up Sams.

I do hope the Catalan enjoyed that.

4G
If he'd have done what you were hoping it wouldn't have come to light and I wouldn't have been enlightened what an odious pee through Joel really is!
For the record there's only one rectum on the video and it ain't the girl with the camera!
I'll reserve opinion on his brother because he may have been as big a cock before the camera went on?
Their parents will no doubt be shamed at the behaviour?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cherry.pie wrote:https://www.wigantoday.net/news/video-e ... -1-9190851

Now on the Wigan Today website. Confirms it happened 5 weeks ago and the club were aware of it but kept it quiet.
The fact the club knew about this shows both the naivety of the senior management and the favouritism in the club

You can bet had this been one of wanes less favoured players they would of plastered this in the news and told how he’s dealing with it.

As soon as someone has a video of you - you have to accept it’s in the public domain or will be so trying to keep hush is a terrible move

In fact I’m starting to question what’s left of the club I grew up loving - I was already on the edge with rugby league in general but last few days have really started me questioning whether Wigan are even worth my time anymore
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

The club were not available for comment at time of publication.

That's the worst bit!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

East Stand Faithful wrote:The club were not available for comment at time of publication.

That's the worst bit!
Of course they weren’t it’s the wigan way at the moment say nothing to mere fans
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

East Stand Faithful wrote:The club were not available for comment at time of publication.

That's the worst bit!
TBF it was ten past eleven on a weekend. I'm more concerned about how the club has dealt with the situation this last five weeks.
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

A great example of false fame going to one's head. What kind of club have we become, keeping idiots over decent blokes, signing druggies and now this video emerges. I hear st pats are looking for a couple of bench warmers lads, failing that Joel
there's a barmaid job going at Harry's bar.
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cherry.pie wrote:I can obviously understand why the club would want to keep it quiet. No one wants to bring their own bad publicity. The video looks terrible for the players and perhaps they did give them a large fine or something.

The problem with dealing with this in-house and trying to keep it quiet is it leaves them open to accusations of trying to cover it up. We've seen other clubs release statements saying this player has been dropped for breach of club discipline, or fined, and that no further statement would be made. At least if the club had done that we'd be thinking the video looks bad but the club dealt with it properly. Now we've got a situation where it looks like the club aren't bothered about the incident, only about protecting its big name players.

I mentioned in an earlier post, before the timing of the video was known, that Joel could get away with it because Rads has stated several times that he's a close friend. With that in mind, it leaves the club at even greater risk of being accused of simply brushing it under the carpet and protecting a friend.

If this had been McIlorum just before he left, do you think the club would have kept it quiet?
100% agree the club should have actioned this straight away there is no point of keeping a video based scandal quiet as they will always emerge online

I’m getting to the point we’re it feels like the entire management structure needs sacking at Wigan and starting again the boys club has gone on too long and now we are suffering
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: the club should have actioned this straight away there is no point of keeping a video based scandal quiet as they will always emerge online
And that IS the key point i don't accept in this day and age

How has this incident been prevented from entering the entire public domain, not a whisper, not a murmur?

Yet the club claims it "knew" about it 5 weeks ago!!!

I am sorry but I do not believe Wigan are big brother in disguise of even have the ability to keep such films from entering the public domain. If they really did, then obviously someone has attempted to bribe the owner of the video in order for this to happen.

So how has it happened now? Why has it been "released"?

Personally think this is someone within the club's pathetic attempt to whitewash away this incident and claim this all happened long time ago in a land far far away and that those involved have had their bottoms smacked all ready. Incident - dealt with!

Pathetic if correct and IL may need to dig deeper into who knew what and who attempted to cover this up for the last 5 weeks as the club claim

Shocking behavior from Wigan :angry: :angry:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
BriH

Post by BriH »

Dragging the good name of Wigan RL into the gutter.

Is this why SW announced he was leaving? Plus 2 pathetic displays: HKR and then the utter humiliation 2nd half vs Wire.

The Club have to do something and quick. No escape from this utterly disgraceful behaviour.