SHOULD LENEGAN GO?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: SHOULD LENEGAN GO?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ancientnloyal wrote:I mean, (reportedly) paying a barmaid to be quiet is absolutely unpalatable. That is low from Wigan.

Our crowds are going downhill, we cant sign quality (escare hardaker tho...) cant keep kids and we are rotten to the core.

We sbould be doing our all to keep Bateman, make him our captain but there is no fight. Why are kids wanting the NRL straight away?

I am disillusioned with Wigan. Crap crap crap... Still going Wakefield though on Thursday
Not that disillusioned then????
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No he shouldn't but perhaps his eye has been taken of the (oval) ball by his job with football?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Why some people have such faith in IL I do not know.

He's a part time chairman given his football interests. He's left an amateur in Rads in charge. He's employed a worse coach than Saints. He's overseen a worse recruitment policy than Saints. He can't afford to bankroll the club as and when needed (yes I know he's put money in but he is no DW in terms of financial resources).

On the coaching front he's made a mess if it twice. First he kept Noble for too long and he's also done it with Wane.

Some of the recruitment decisions have been bizarre. Remember Andy Powell? His policy of lets re-sign ex players has been a disaster. He was the prime advocate of the marquee rule and has ballsed that up.

His trips to London and Oz are one off events and there is no coherence about any of that.

And to cap it all he's overseen a culture where two senior players are all over the press for being drunk and disorderly.

The longer his ownership continues the less competent he looks.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The trouble is who would take over,and let’s be fair I doubt his family have much interest in taking over the club when he can no longer run it so it’s a case of better the devil you know.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote:Why some people have such faith in IL I do not know.

He's a part time chairman given his football interests. He's left an amateur in Rads in charge. He's employed a worse coach than Saints. He's overseen a worse recruitment policy than Saints. He can't afford to bankroll the club as and when needed (yes I know he's put money in but he is no DW in terms of financial resources).

On the coaching front he's made a mess if it twice. First he kept Noble for too long and he's also done it with Wane.

Some of the recruitment decisions have been bizarre. Remember Andy Powell? His policy of lets re-sign ex players has been a disaster. He was the prime advocate of the marquee rule and has ballsed that up.

His trips to London and Oz are one off events and there is no coherence about any of that.

And to cap it all he's overseen a culture where two senior players are all over the press for being drunk and disorderly.

I think he's been quite good.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

Mike wrote:
DaveO wrote:Why some people have such faith in IL I do not know.

I think he's been quite good.
Overall, so do I.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

It amazes me Davo you can comment of Rads suitability for the role. Most players educate themselves/learn a trade for when they retire, how do you know that this isnt the case and that Rads not only have the relevent qualification but would have been shadowing the previous role owner before getting the job.

of course i could be conpletely wrong as like you i have no real idea.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote:It amazes me Davo you can comment of Rads suitability for the role. Most players educate themselves/learn a trade for when they retire, how do you know that this isnt the case and that Rads not only have the relevent qualification but would have been shadowing the previous role owner before getting the job.

of course i could be conpletely wrong as like you i have no real idea.
Well i suppose you can only judge him off his performance, and if his role is top attract talent to the club and keep players between the lines he has failed on both fronts
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Lenegan met with a Chinese consortium on Wigan Lane on Saturday night