Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wontoofree

Post by wontoofree »

Hi fellow Warriors,

Just joined yesterday, and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm from Glasgow [home of the famous Glasgow Rangers], and have been supporting Wigan since I retired in 1995. Don't be too hard on me being from Scotland, but also being bedbound I've only ever seen Wigan on tv. I may be what is referred to as an "armchair fan", but it doesn't make me any less a supporter of the best rugby league team in the country.

I hope the glory days of the nineties soon return.
Favourite player of all time Henry Paul [with honourable mentions to Shaun Edwards and Billy Whizz]

wontoofree
LORENZO

Re: New member

Post by LORENZO »

Welcome aboard WONTOOFREE.
I am in the same position as you and probably a similar distance away in the opposite direction. Been a supporter since I was 15 so that will be nearly 60 years. Not sure just how many members are on this site but it keeps me up to date and I know that everybody here (despite the arguments) all love our team.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Welcome mate, I hope you enjoy the banter. Glasgow is a great city with great people I always enjoy travelling north and enjoying the hospitality. Hopefully, Rangers can also return to their past glories.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Welcome One thing I can say there are things you will read on here make you sad make you glad and make you laugh. But with this forum never lonely. Good to have you Enjoy. :) :) :)
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

wontoofree wrote:Hi fellow Warriors,

Just joined yesterday, and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm from Glasgow [home of the famous Glasgow Rangers], and have been supporting Wigan since I retired in 1995. Don't be too hard on me being from Scotland, but also being bedbound I've only ever seen Wigan on tv. I may be what is referred to as an "armchair fan", but it doesn't make me any less a supporter of the best rugby league team in the country.

I hope the glory days of the nineties soon return.
Favourite player of all time Henry Paul [with honourable mentions to Shaun Edwards and Billy Whizz]

Welcome. My son lives in Glasgow and he has followed Wigan since be about 6 years old.

wontoofree
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Welcome to the site ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Welcome!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Welcolme to the growing Wigan Warrior's Fan Club (Scottish Division).

Don't worry about being Scottish they are a good bunch down there. We have survived countless trip's over the tears and came back unscathed.

Drunk many times :badg: :badg: :badg: but unscathed

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Welcome to the nuthouse pal :wink:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Welcome
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE