‪19-Man Squad: Vs Huddersfield‬

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: ‪19-Man Squad: Vs Huddersfield‬

Post by DaveO »

Is anyone surprised? Hudds are on the up and have been doing well under their new coach and since Magic the best that can be said about Wigan is inconsistent. I think this result was predictable.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pearsy wrote:Wigan attack non existent again in this game after first try
Which wasn’t a try but a knock on!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PF Warrior wrote:Ref now giving us penalties when there's 6 minutes to go. Thanks for nothing Mr Hewer.
Four penalties one after the other! They were put on a warning after three but no one sin binned after the fourth!! Not that it mattered but the principle is there!

What about their forward who punched Sam Tomkins in the face then they get the ball??

Terrible officiating from all the officials IMO! :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

What an awful display, yes the ref was poor but that is no excuse.Discipline was terrible and we could not hold on to the ball.There was little fire in the bellies and the players need to show some pride in the shirt.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Just sounds like the broken record of the past couple of seasons and that's why Wane is going.
Hopefully get a few bodies back for saints, but not expecting anything other than a fairly comfortable win for the scum.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

That's why we need a new youngish Aussie assistant coach with fresh ideas. Look at the improvement in Saints and Hudds and to a lesser extent Warrington.

Also I ll repeat what I said earlier I think our squad is on the thin side or very in balanced and needs investment or a way to avoid all these repeating niggling injuries
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

acwrlfc wrote:That's why we need a new youngish Aussie assistant coach with fresh ideas. Look at the improvement in Saints and Hudds and to a lesser extent Warrington.

Also I ll repeat what I said earlier I think our squad is on the thin side or very in balanced and needs investment or a way to avoid all these repeating niggling injuries
I’ll agree with you over the balance of the squad,not sure if Wane before he goes wants to play a team full of,props it certainly seems that way,and as for the depth of the squad yes it very thin a couple of injuries and boom last season all over again.

The French connection maybe needs breaking up too,not a fan of Escare the more I see of him the less he impresses me,I will happily say this though I was utterly wrong about Navarrette he is arguably SL most improved players still not the finished article but getting there,I’m not sure though where Escare fits in when Hardaker comes,no way is he good enough for full back and in the halves he’s deeply average,hopefully Williams and perhaps woods will be taking those places so where does that leave him?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Escare needs a lot of coaching, which he won't get from Wane. I don't think he really rates him and plays him to try and change things. Hopefully a new coach will look at these things and know if he's worth keeping on.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im baffled by SWs comments regarding the greasy pitch.....apparently he had to change our attacking style at half time due to the pitch....... this tells me a couple of things: 1.we have no communication from coach to team during a game and 2.players arnt allowed to think for themselves........ surely our captain should have realised this and got the message to him well before half time?like i said im baffled..... if anyone can answer this then im all ears
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:That's why we need a new youngish Aussie assistant coach with fresh ideas. Look at the improvement in Saints and Hudds and to a lesser extent Warrington.

I’ll agree with you over the balance of the squad,not sure if Wane before he goes wants to play a team full of,props it certainly seems that way,and as for the depth of the squad yes it very thin a couple of injuries and boom last season all over again.

The French connection maybe needs breaking up too,not a fan of Escare the more I see of him the less he impresses me,I will happily say this though I was utterly wrong about Navarrette he is arguably SL most improved players still not the finished article but getting there,I’m not sure though where Escare fits in when Hardaker comes,no way is he good enough for full back and in the halves he’s deeply average,hopefully Williams and perhaps woods will be taking those places so where does that leave him?
Give Escare a try in the centres, YHou never know it could work out