Willie Isa

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Willie Isa

Post by josie andrews »

More tackles AND carries than any @DragonsOfficiel player this season, BIG @ISA_Willie is ready for Round 2 of the #Super8s on Saturday.

[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14 ... sdkaz5.jpg[/IMG]
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
markill

Re: Willie Isa

Post by markill »

Isa is in the top 10 for tackles made in Super League this year, although Faz actually has a slightly higher tackles per game and much better tackle success rate. As able and willing a deputy as Isa has been, I really hope Faz is back for the semis.

If people want some more Wigan (and wider Super League) stats I put this together last week https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleag ... tat-attack
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ian b

Post by ian b »

said on here before i think he tackles way above his weight and cant understand why some think hes not good enough for Wigan. everyone is entitled to their opinion !!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I do like stats myself but they are useless unless you put them in context. As Josie did regarding the comparison with Faz.

Isa is an OK player in 2018. The sort most sides will have. For some he'd be one of their best, for us he's not. Hope Faz is fit for the semi's.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:I do like stats myself but they are useless unless you put them in context. As Josie did regarding the comparison with Faz.

Isa is an OK player in 2018. The sort most sides will have. For some he'd be one of their best, for us he's not. Hope Faz is fit for the semi's.
It was markill who did the Faz comparison Dave ????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Like DaveO says stats can be misleading when just looked at without context

for example it leaves out he has conceded the 2nd most penalties out of any other player for us with 16 beaten by Clubb on 17.

He is known for giving penalties therefore if your an oppo coach you may target him more because youre likely to get a ride down the field at some stage by doing so.

its like meter stats - if youre a kick returner youre are always going to have bloated meter stats
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Stats can lie, but as I have said before, Isa is a solid player who does a job for us.

In a salary capped sport, players like him are vital.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wintergreen wrote:Stats can lie, but as I have said before, Isa is a solid player who does a job for us.

In a salary capped sport, players like him are vital.
id agree with this

Isa isnt my fave player but i accept he is a very good squad player because he can do a good chunk of positions to a decent standard
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

On a Facebook group I was in a couple of years ago I said “I don’t know what Willie Isa does but when he’s not there he leaves a Wille Isa type hole in the side”,he is the type of player that always needed,one that just does a job and does it to the best of his ability.

Fine player that needs to start to get the best out of him in my opinion
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I like Willie ????

As others have said, he’s the type of workhorse/player you need who can play in several positions, gives his best every game & is on a relatively normal salary compared to the superstars in the team ????