Morley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Morley

Post by GeoffN »

The Adrian Morley rumours are gaining strength, along with the fact that we've only registered 24 players so far, not the 25 we're entitled to.

I guess he wouldn't come cheaply, and considering the players we've had to let go for salary cap reasons, would he be worth it?

Personally I'd have kept Furner if this is the case.

Comments?
Pengy

Leeds?

Post by Pengy »

I heard he was in talks with leeds for next season? I cant really see him comming here now. Plus he would want quite abit of dough which we cant offer at the moment.
MattyB

Morley

Post by MattyB »

I doubt we will sign him, much too expensive and we would surely take us back over the salary cap,which would only infuriate other SL clubs and supporters.
Form is temporary, Class is permanent.
AJ

get real

Post by AJ »

as much as i want it to happen, it wont

the roosters rnt gonna release a player that scares the hell outta the other NRL teams and is such an impressive player

&

we cant afford him

simple
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
MattyB

Changed my mind

Post by MattyB »

I think Maurice will sign him....for Orrell !!
Form is temporary, Class is permanent.
John M

strange???

Post by John M »

It is very strange that Lindsay is prepared to go into this year with only 24 players and so many youngsters.I would love to see Morley at Wigan but it doesnt seem at all possible.
However at the beginning of last year i clearly remember Lindsay returning from Australia and stating on wish fm that 2003 would be a very exciting year for Warriors fans.
Maybe he has an ace up his old sleeve but it would be a shock if it was Morley.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
Pie Eyed

Maurice's comments

Post by Pie Eyed »

2003 will only be exciting in terms of watching the youngsters come into the team fully, and see them develop over the season into fully-fledged SL players.

I don't believe he will sign anyone (as he stated in November), and he will leave the last place open "just in case".

I only hope the young lads can perform up to the level that we all want and need them to.

Saying that, I'm still fairly optimistic for this season.
tony_a

mozza

Post by tony_a »

i would love to see adrian morley and faz in the second row together, but i cant see it happening till next season atleast, mick cass is in the form of his career at the moment anyway and with so much youth in the side im looking forward to see what stuart raper will do...???