O Loughlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: O Loughlin

Post by moto748 »

cherry.pie wrote:S the only real stand out choice as vice captain is Tommy Leuluai
Faz?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Bring the leadership group back again.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

SJ wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:According to Wane the skipper isn't fit again this weekend. This seems to be dragging on for a calf strain.

Can anyone shed anymore light on it, this is not a good sign if he wishes to continue next season.
I wonder if the mid season trip to America had an impact because he hasnt played much sice, any thoughts.

As much as i eate the guy i do wonder if he should call it a day at the end of the season and we all move foward, he must be as fustrated as everyone alse by missing some many games with a repetitve injury thats not caused by rugby contact really
Totally agree. But who can replace him?
Greg Bird or Paul Gallen.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:
cherry.pie wrote:S the only real stand out choice as vice captain is Tommy Leuluai
Faz?
I thought Faz, he is quiet but can be vocal when he wants!

EG Hull FC away, he was sin binned for complaining to Bentham about him constantly giving penalties against us for no real reason!

We went on to win the game ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Greg Bird or Paul Gallen.
Give over ????

Bird is 34 & Gallen is 37!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Lots of people didn't like Lockers as captain for a good while on the basis that he was too quiet. But he led by example and gained respect. It may only be short-term for a few seasons but I see Tony Clubb in the same mould. No idea about his personality but in terms of leading by example and having respect of team-mates he's got to up there.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Caboosegg wrote:
bill.inger wrote:Can only see George Williams as 'on field captain', a year with Lammy and then hopefully he'll delay that NRL idea for a while. Maybe the prospect of being team captain under Edwards could be enough to stay at Wigan.

Wayne Bennet stated williams doesnt communicate enough in game would you want someone with this issue as your captain?
. People used to say that about Lockers but he still made a great captain by leading from the front.
markill

Post by markill »

My impression is that we aren't using him needlessly rather than him being totally unfit to play.

We need to manage him through and he needs to be apart of our playing group next year because of the departures and also a little bit because of the other changes and incomings. Without Tomkins, Lockers will really be the main guy in the dressing room / on the training field that sets the example.

Beyond him, I do think Faz would be a great option for captain. He leads by example and I reckon he speaks up more than we realise. He appears to be quiet and low profile publicly but he's such a key part of our side when he's playing (just look at the stats for carries/metres/tackles to see how much input he brings) that he must have more of a presence within the team than we realise. And Lam picked him out in his interviews alongside Lockers and Tommy as the veteran core of the side.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Fan4Fifty wrote:Lots of people didn't like Lockers as captain for a good while on the basis that he was too quiet. But he led by example and gained respect. It may only be short-term for a few seasons but I see Tony Clubb in the same mould. No idea about his personality but in terms of leading by example and having respect of team-mates he's got to up there.
I think you can get away with the leader by example as a forward not as much as a back. The issue with club is he doesnt do mega minutes lockers (when he plays) used to play 80 mins as a loose

There isnt a stand out voice or leader in our team apart from tomkins and this is the problem really
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

josie andrews wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Greg Bird or Paul Gallen.
Give over ????

Bird is 34 & Gallen is 37!
Don't think Bird can get a work permit here in UK due to an incident back home.
He's absolute quality for the Dragons. Let's hope he has a blinder in CC final.