O Loughlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
acwrlfc

O Loughlin

Post by acwrlfc »

According to Wane the skipper isn't fit again this weekend. This seems to be dragging on for a calf strain.

Can anyone shed anymore light on it, this is not a good sign if he wishes to continue next season.
I wonder if the mid season trip to America had an impact because he hasnt played much sice, any thoughts.

As much as i eate the guy i do wonder if he should call it a day at the end of the season and we all move foward, he must be as fustrated as everyone alse by missing some many games with a repetitve injury thats not caused by rugby contact really
SJ

Re: O Loughlin

Post by SJ »

acwrlfc wrote:According to Wane the skipper isn't fit again this weekend. This seems to be dragging on for a calf strain.

Can anyone shed anymore light on it, this is not a good sign if he wishes to continue next season.
I wonder if the mid season trip to America had an impact because he hasnt played much sice, any thoughts.

As much as i eate the guy i do wonder if he should call it a day at the end of the season and we all move foward, he must be as fustrated as everyone alse by missing some many games with a repetitve injury thats not caused by rugby contact really
Totally agree. But who can replace him?
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

SJ wrote:
acwrlfc wrote:According to Wane the skipper isn't fit again this weekend. This seems to be dragging on for a calf strain.

This is my biggest fear for next season.

When Lockers leaves the field of play, there is an immediate dip in our effectiveness. Recently, Tomkins has become more of an on-field leader in Locker’s absence but again, against Cas, we saw the team lose form when he was forced off with a migraine. If he hadn’t returned, I think we would have lost.

Who will lead next season? At present there are no ‘stand-out’ leaders and unless someone ‘steps up to the plate’, we could be in trouble.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Can only see George Williams as 'on field captain', a year with Lammy and then hopefully he'll delay that NRL idea for a while. Maybe the prospect of being team captain under Edwards could be enough to stay at Wigan.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

SJ wrote:

I could replace him, he never plays.

People keep saying he's impossible to replace, but he hardly plays anyway. I'm a big fan of Lockers, but we can't keep giving him a big chunk of the salary cap if he's not playing.

He should retire this season, he's the perfect assistant for Lam. I really hope he doesnt push through and regret later in life when he's struggling to walk properly.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

bill.inger wrote:Can only see George Williams as 'on field captain', a year with Lammy and then hopefully he'll delay that NRL idea for a while. Maybe the prospect of being team captain under Edwards could be enough to stay at Wigan.

Wayne Bennet stated williams doesnt communicate enough in game would you want someone with this issue as your captain?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Exactly !
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Sculthorpe mk2

he shouldnt go round again and we should aim to replace him with a top quality signing

i think the big issue with lockers is because he's home grown etc i think his wage doesnt count as much on the cap so expect him to be replaced by someone of the value he cost us on the cap
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

bill.inger wrote:Can only see George Williams as 'on field captain', a year with Lammy and then hopefully he'll delay that NRL idea for a while. Maybe the prospect of being team captain under Edwards could be enough to stay at Wigan.
Williams simply isn’t that type of lad though he seems a quiet,introverted sort of guy,nothing wrong with that I’m very much the same sort of person,as to who leads on the field yes it’s a huge worry as Lockers must be near the end now sadly
bertina

Post by bertina »

bill.inger wrote: Can only see George Williams as 'on field captain', a year with Lammy and then hopefully he'll delay that NRL idea for a while. Maybe the prospect of being team captain under Edwards could be enough to stay at Wigan.
If that is what we are depending on the god help us.!!!!