19-man Squad Vs Dragons

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-man Squad Vs Dragons

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Wane names 19-man squad for Saturday’s Super 8s clash vs Catalans Dragons

Warriors make one change to last week’s provisional 19-man squad

Warriors face Challenge Cup finalists in round two of the Super 8s

Wigan Warriors have named their 19-man squad for Saturday’s Betfred Super League Super 8s round one clash against Catalans Dragons, kick-off 5.30pm (UK time).

Shaun Wane makes one change to the 19-man squad that was announced for last week’s clash with Castleford Tigers, with Craig Mullen included at the expense of Josh Woods.

After making his Warriors debut in his side’s win of the Tigers, Oliver Partington is contention once again, as is fellow Academy forward Samy Kibula.

Chris Hankinson (eye), Sean O’Loughlin (leg), Taulima Tautai (suspension), Oliver Gildart (thumb), Liam Farrell (shoulder), Liam Paisley (ankle) and long-term absentee Joe Burgess (knee) miss out for Wigan.

19-man squad for Catalans Dragons:

John Bateman, Tony Clubb, Tom Davies, Morgan Escare, Ben Flower, Joe Greenwood, Gabe Hamlin, Willie Isa, Samy Kibula, Tommy Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Craig Mullen, Romain Navarrete, Oliver Partington, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Ryan Sutton, Sam Tomkins, George Williams.

http://wiganwarriors.com/news/2018-08-1 ... UZoypx3.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
First Try Tickle

Re: 19-man Squad Vs Dragons

Post by First Try Tickle »

Last week Wane decided that Tommy deserved a chance at scrum half and moved Powell to hooker. So why not play Woods there, he's done well whilst Williams has been injured.

Oh then again which mate would he have to leave at home.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

And the Catalans squad https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/45183067

Not as many rested as I thought there would be.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:And the Catalans squad https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/45183067

Not as many rested as I thought there would be.
They did most of their resting last week, so I expected them to rotate through most of the ones that didn't play then - Gigot, Drinkwater, McIlorum. I think they'll try and take an opportunity to play them in limited minutes though if poss, like they did with McIlorum at our place before the semi.

I expect Kibula and Mullen to miss out, assuming Isa is fit. I think Mullen has come in because there were injury doubts over Isa that I read about earlier in the week.

Also, re. the halves and hookers. I too would like to see Woods play with Williams. Obviously not happening this week. That would mean leaving Escare out of the 17 I think, so that there are two hooker options in the squad. Then all the fans that only see the exciting bursts of pace from Escare and don't see the moments of being defensively out of position (still wondering where he was for McShane's try last week) will kick off about that too. We're an almost impossible bunch to please us Wigan fans.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Very one sided game with a average ref (we got the lions share). Though Escare slotted onto the wing well and he could have had 4 if sarge learnt how to pass or even kick.

Isa and TL immence in defence
Williams to me showed why we have missed him
Sam T ran that game

My concern is the our defence has some big holes that are exploited currently but lets keeps the winning run going.

I know it won't happen but how great would it be to have the LLS flying around in a helecopter again with the last match deciding its winner :D
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

And flower was my mom for second week running....... he would be immence in aus coz he makes the hard yards and csn tackle....... im also impressed with greenwood whos improving every game...... and hamlin is sooooooo much better than joel( evens blind nan could have seen that)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE