Pillaging Widnes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billy's pineapple ring

Pillaging Widnes

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

Things are looking a little ropy for Widnes, there SL survival is hanging by a thread. I think there are 2 players there that would do well st the DW.
Firstly Joe Mellor. He is now an experienced SL halfback, he is a good organiser with a good long and short kicking game, he is not afraid to take on the line, and finally he plays predominantly on the right which in these days of split half backs is important to Wigan. Having said that, he was really successful playing as a pair with Kevin Brown.
Also Inu would be useful as a right centre and goalkicker, I think with the right coaching he could be a winner
billy's pineapple ring

Re: Pillaging Widnes

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

Also forgot to mention, I think we could get them both for a reasonable contract amount which may then leave room for a big experienced aggressive prop.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I'd sooner have Jackson Hastings.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:I'd sooner have Jackson Hastings.
Agreed,Widnes though have some very good youngsters though I suspect a few will find new homes in the close season as I really can’t see them staying in super league
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

That Gelling they are signing looks intresting!
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Agree about Joe Mellor, their best player and will end up at a SL club. Be good with us.
There's a lot of uncertainty over our pivot positions this next two years and Mellor on a 2+1 deal would give us some stability.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I thought Joe Mellor. Considering he's largely been playing in a struggling team, and knowing how difficult that is even for a class half-backs, I'm sure he'd be good for us.

His skill set is also a near perfect fit to partner George Williams: left and right side, game management, long kicking game etc.

I'd also be happy to get Olly Ashall-Bott, a natural gifted footballer and only 20, I believe.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

A few years ago he was Wigan's Academy player of the year. Warrington are interested as a replacement for Roberts/Brown. But you are right Widnes will do well to keep hold of some their players, cant see Mellor, Whitley and their young hooker Walker playing in the Championship next year.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

A few years ago he was Wigan's Academy player of the year. Warrington are interested as a replacement for Roberts/Brown. But you are right Widnes will do well to keep hold of some their players, cant see Mellor, Whitley and their young hooker Walker playing in the Championship next year.
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Someone suggested Chapelhow after he turned out for us in the England Knights reserves game.