MM

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao 711

MM

Post by jao 711 »

There were a number of people on here who were not unhappy to see MM move on,can’tplay 80 minutes any more they said.He has just seen off the twp best number 9’s in the league fine style,and what about Lewis Tierney another who copped a lot of criticism from our resident moaners.By the way MM played 59 minutes.
widdenoldboy

Re: MM

Post by widdenoldboy »

cherry.pie wrote:I thought we'd be okay without McIlorum but in hindsight I'm not too sure. I expected him to play better for Catalans but he's playing with an attacking freedom that I hadn't seen from him in a long time. While I don't think he'd have played that well for us this year, given Wane's style of rugby doesn't seem to get the best of him, now I'd like to see how he would play for us under a different coach.

With Tierney he made the right move and so did the club. He's done well at Catalans but isn't as good as Burgess, Davies and nowhere near Manfredi when he was fit. He's probably more solid defensively than Manfredi but not as much of an attacking threat so is about Marshall's level. Keeping Tierney wouldn't have made much sense as we'd probably have lost either Davies or Marshall.
I thought we'd miss MM, he looked very good in the World Cup. Since at Catalan he looks fit and lean and is playing very well.
I'd agree that Tierney moving in was for the best for both parties.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

You will always miss a quality player!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I am happy for him, well done Mc!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
moto748

Post by moto748 »

From the Independent report on the Cup Final:

There was a moment about 10 minutes in when Michael McIlorum steamed out of the line and charged at his opposite number Daryl Clark, who had made the grave error of pondering just a millisecond too long on the ball. McIlorum didn’t just pick Clark’s pockets: he emptied his bank account, took over his Netflix subscription and raided his fridge.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Its fine we moved a 30 year old hooker on as we had cover... by an even older hooker.

Case of the club listening to so called experts on the forum?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mix keys form last season was flat out average but you’d have thought pretty much that was going to happen after his injury but it made little sense to get rid unless it came down to cash but who knows.

As for his form I wonder if he would have been lower to play with the freedom he has at Catalan I doubt it but again all ifs and buts but really glad for him he’s found success over there
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

jao 711 - I was sad to see Mickey go and he's played well this year so good luck to him. However, he didn't play 80 minutes on Saturday and I don't think he has all season. He probably can still play the whole 80 but if he does the intensity of his defence is bound to drop. I don't think that anybody could say our options at hooker this season are better than last and it's disappointing that Josh Ganson hasn't forced himself into the squad. As things stand, our best hooker is now playing at 7 again. Things don't look any better for next season unless there's a change or Josh makes more progress
SJ

Post by SJ »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:You will always miss a quality player!!
I bow to you TBW. You certainly saw something in him I didn't However I certainly saw it the other day. Love Moto pointing out the Independant's characterisation Pleased for him and your good self :lol:
markill

Post by markill »

The move has obviously rejuvenated and reinvigorated him. Shame that we couldn't get that out of him, but pleased for him that the move has enabled him to get back there.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod