Saints match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Saints match

Post by Barney841 »

Also how fast is Gilbart?!? You forget how quick he is
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote:Just watching the game back, but during the live match it seemed some of the referees decisions were bit strange! ????

Almost like sky and the rfl wanted saints to win the league leaders in a derby match vs 2nd place strange?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just watched after 2-10 shift( didnt know the score) and gutted i couldnt go...... best performance of the season...... although im not a fan ov either i think tommy and powell are better in these positions for now.....greenwood and george were the best out of a very good bunch....... had to laugh at 2 saints players in the mom ratings( both thoroughly outplayed in there positions)....... escare( although not as good all round) gives us something sam doesnt......bateman brilliant as per and i love hamlin and wouldnt swap him for two joels at the moment...... we would have won by far more if tommy hadnt made a few odd decisions inthe second half( mainly down to the saints defence absolutely making a mockery of the offside rule)...... only downer was the blatant biased EH commentary and like josie said, some very very odd refereeing decisions.......just a quickie....... how knackered does ben barba look ?......he would be an awful fisherman coz he cant catch and has no tackle
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Just watching the game back, but during the live match it seemed some of the referees decisions were bit strange! ????

Almost like sky and the rfl wanted saints to win the league leaders in a derby match vs 2nd place strange?
Said exactly the same at the game!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Barney841 wrote:Also how fast is Gilbart?!? You forget how quick he is
He is fast but trouble is Marshall is faster we get spoiled I think when he goes off on a run????

Good result Sarge really good tonight as was Greenwood but to single anyone out is unfair they all put in a good show
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Ben Barba World Class
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

A tremendous result, Greenwood and Bateman were exceptional.Hamlin off the bench was superb.Everyone did their job though and only Makinson showed up for Saints as they were bullied all night.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

A tremendous result, Greenwood and Bateman were exceptional.Hamlin off the bench was superb.Everyone did their job though and only Makinson showed up for Saints as they were bullied all night.
doc

Post by doc »

The interview with Sarge on Wigan TV was interesting. He said John Winder had told him to do less carries clearing our line to leave him with more energy at the other end of the pitch. Makes you wonder whether we had a plan to let the backs do the donkey work early in the season and rest the forwards and we have now swapped things around allowing our relatively fresh forwards to dominate the opposition. Same thoughts apply to the Powell / Leuluai situation as we have now got an 80 minute Hooker and can pack the bench with forwards if needed.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Some good try's in the match a change from the usual kick through the line touch downs.Once again the kicking the convertions a problem i hope we do not have to rely on them if we get too the GF .Do Wigan warm up any different to other teams after losing ST before the game?