Farrell 2nd row???? Opinions....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Pengy - I don't understand

Post by DaveO »

Pengy said: "Dave, you say he will judge the youngsters not good enougb but it would be the same player being picked but just playing a different posistion. Dannt tickle is likely to be startin 2nd row next year but we could just swap him and farrell around. If he's good enough to start for wigan playing 2nd row then im sure hell be good enough to play loose forward which is his best posistion."

I mean Raper won't judge Tickle and Co good enough loose forwards to move Farrell to second row. Simple.

The fact we will start with Tickle, who as you say is a loose forward, in the second row is almost as confusing as why we will play Ainscough who is a winger at centre. We should be playing Wilde in the second row - he is after all a second row who looked the part before injury.

I expected Tickle to be on the bench as Wilde is a better second row and Farrell a better loose forward. Just because Tickle appears to be the current blue eyed boy and gets a start in the second row does not make him good enough to replace Farrell at loose which is why I don't think Raper will do it.

I never understood why we bought Tickle and if we hand't maybe there would have been enough money in the cap to have kept Connolly and thus not need to play Ainscough as a centre.

Dave
Pengy

Ainscough centre?

Post by Pengy »

Who's to say ainsough will play centre. That number could just be his squad number, im sure he has learnt from last year that ainscough is not a centre and if he cant then we should get rid of raper just for not knowing that!

But playing tickle loose forward anbd farrell at second row will not make it any worse imo i think it will improve. Farrell has not been performing that good against the best teams at loose forward but when he played 2nd row against the kiwis he was brilliant so its got to be worth a try.

Also nitsua, who's to say we dont like farrell? i think he is a very good player when he plays like a 2nd row. He is not a play maker, i dont know why he thinks he is. It just annoys me when he tries to be the main man all the time.
AJ

nitusa and ainscough

Post by AJ »

you say me and two others have made it our business for over 12 months too slag off andy farrell, im asuming you mean pengy and john m, since you once dubbed me and pengy, johns foot soldiers maybe it has something to do with the fact maybe non of us think he has played that well in 2002!!! and i object to the term "slag off" that suggests something far more than criticising his play, i have never launched a personal attack on faz and never will, you have no idea my thoughts on farrell, to be honest i have more respect for the man that many other players in RL, n think he has been phenominal for the wigan club and wattched with fascination his video, which i think showed him in a very good light and heightened my respect for him even more

secondly with my "backing up" of pengy, i know for a fact me andpengy have disagreed on many wigan rl issues jus on this one we agree and also ur clubbing together of me pengy and john m as if we are a clan of anti-farrells and we conspire, i dont know either pengy or john m at all, other than on the wigan rl sites, so there is no possible motivation for that "team"

onto ainscough - i very much doubt he will play centre, its just we dont change squad numbers unless they become available, and with brett and brian keeping 2 & 5 its no suprise ainscougth kept 3 but i expect him to be competing with carney for a wing spot, with dallas on the other
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
John M

Not as strong?

Post by John M »

Farrell is no doubt stronger than he was at 18 but i think Pengy means hes not as robust as he was.I cannot remember him going through 2 and 3 defenders last year.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!