Ben flower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Ben flower

Post by Suzieb »

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with Ben Flower as he allways seems to be hurt,i think it is time for him to be released and let someone else have a chance,most wigan fans stood by Ben during his troubled times but we are losing patience with his inept performances.
First Try Tickle

Re: Ben flower

Post by First Try Tickle »

Suzieb wrote: but we are losing patience with his inept performances.
Who's We ?

I always think he puts in a hard shift and never shirks the tackle. I would sooner have him on the pitch then TT.

He hurt his back in the game against Wakey, but I wouldn't release him because of it.

Back for the Final against Saints, he would frighten Barba to death.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Ben has been playing when he shouldn't have been due to injuries and suspensions. When we were struggling he put his hand up and played with an injury that would have most people in a hospital bed!

As for inept performances, I must have been watching another player! He is critical to our success as he is our best prop.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jobo

Post by jobo »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Ben has been playing when he shouldn't have been due to injuries and suspensions. When we were struggling he put his hand up and played with an injury that would have most people in a hospital bed!

As for inept performances, I must have been watching another player! He is critical to our success as he is our best prop.
+1
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Ben picked up a back injury against Wakefield and I think he's expected back on Thursday. I think he's had a good season and always gives his best. I've often thought that he's susceptible to injury because of his style of play and the fact that he's a relatively small prop who's put on a lot of muscle rather than being a big bloke naturally. He would definitely be in my best 17 if everybody was fit.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Just seen that Ben is missing again on Thursday. Also, Willie Isa is out for the season and that Faz is expected to return at some stage (needs to be soon).
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Suzieb wrote:Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with Ben Flower as he allways seems to be hurt,i think it is time for him to be released and let someone else have a chance,most wigan fans stood by Ben during his troubled times but we are losing patience with his inept performances.
He's played 24 games for Wigan this season.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

First Try Tickle wrote:
Who's We ?

I always think he puts in a hard shift and never shirks the tackle. I would sooner have him on the pitch then TT.

He hurt his back in the game against Wakey, but I wouldn't release him because of it.

+1 Top mon!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ian b

Post by ian b »

Suzieb wrote:Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with Ben Flower as he allways seems to be hurt,i think it is time for him to be released and let someone else have a chance,most wigan fans stood by Ben during his troubled times but we are losing patience with his inept performances.
inept ? are you watching a different game ?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:
Who's We ?

+1 Top mon!
+ 2

Susieb is it because you don’t like him?

Because as previous posters have said, he gives 100% & has already been playing with an injury before the Wakefield game!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan