Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Castleford

Post by Barney841 »

Now this has been confirmed as our semi final, we’ve got a tough game ahead of us.
They’ve hit good form at the moment, are on a roll. We need to be at our best on the day[/list]
superleague

Re: Castleford

Post by superleague »

Proper 50-50 game, good disciple is the key Imo, we cannot afford to give them soft field position, we also need to be clinical and not waste the opportunity we are given as there won't be many as cas are very good defensive side like us.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We have certainly got the hardest tie, Wire are a shambles and therefore I cannot see them troubling Saints. I am however, confident that we will make the GF if we bring our A game. Our defence is punishing at the moment and a repeat of the last few weeks will see us prevail.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think we have looked the best team in the last few games I can’t see anyone beating us to be honest

Saints and cast are both teams that need the ball on their terms - both devestating if left to gain momentum but we are bit of a spoiling team (not meant as a criticism) and I think our defence is the best in the league

I can’t see anyone stopping us sending waney off with the trophy
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

One game at a time and all that, but I have been stunned by the fall from grace of Saints.

I still think they have something left in the tank, but I'm not sure it's enough now for them.

Wigan are the best side in the comp atm.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

What a difference a few weeks make since the Joel saga and mauling at Wakefield.

I said to my dad against Wire that we are actually playing a type of rugby that we should be playing, at last. Powell at 9 works but I’d love to see Sam in the halves and Morgan given a full game.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ancientnloyal wrote:What a difference a few weeks make since the Joel saga and mauling at Wakefield.

I said to my dad against Wire that we are actually playing a type of rugby that we should be playing, at last. Powell at 9 works but I’d love to see Sam in the halves and Morgan given a full game.
I want Sam sat in the stands on Friday.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We know what is required, and are looking good. One thing that we have to be very careful about is discipline - Flower's dismissal lost us a Grand Final when we were in equally good shape a few years ago. Keep 13 men on the field and we will be very well placed. Cas are good, but playing them at home tips the balance our way I reckon. I would be much less confident playing them away, so these recent ugly wins have been essential.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:We know what is required, and are looking good. One thing that we have to be very careful about is discipline - Flower's dismissal lost us a Grand Final when we were in equally good shape a few years ago. Keep 13 men on the field and we will be very well placed. Cas are good, but playing them at home tips the balance our way I reckon. I would be much less confident playing them away, so these recent ugly wins have been essential.
Why did you feel the need to bring that up, we all know we lost the Grand Final that year!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’m looking forward watching us play against cas but have to admit a slight bit of worry as well.
As I think if we don’t play at the best of our abilities, cas could win as them along with us are probably the form teams at the moment.
Think saints got the better draw, rightly so as they finished top, as I think cas would of a had a better chance of beating them