Wigan Warriors report loss of £432k due to ‘investment in a winning team’

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors report loss of £432k due to ‘investment in a winning team’

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Wigan Warriors report loss of £432k due to ‘investment in a...

Post by Caboosegg »

I know we will never really know this but i always wonder what type of sacrifice for IL it is to plug the gap, not for any negative reasons, for example you always got the impression the for DR koucash it was always spare change.

Well IL thank you for keeping our club around again! I very much appreciate it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
mickh

Post by mickh »

I will second that comment, "Thank you" Mr. Lenigan.

Mick
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yes, thank you Mr Lenegan, for your fantastic stewardship of our club ????????????⚪️
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
BriH

Post by BriH »

When I read this in "Wigan Today" I immediately thought IL should be applauded for investing in this great Club.
Thank you Mr L!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Its another loss though, not as big but don't forget wigan won the world club championship last season it has to be worrying that the club in the last few years cant seem to buy a profit.

This certainly isn't a dig at IL,far from it but lets be fair he's not getting any younger what happens when he decides to step down? all very well saying his family will take over but do they have the love he clearly does for the club to keep slapping the chequebook down and meeting the shortfall?

I don't like his "come back" policy in regards to players but he has been very good for the club,but looking longer term the club has to start paying its way in case the time comes when the Lenegan family don't wish to be involved.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wigan does spend a hell of a lot on infrastructure. I wonder what a reduction in gate prices would mean even a drop to £18 for the South stand and £20 for the East... larger crowds, more spending on pies.

Personally I only buy a pie and pint.

Just also shows the lack of RL sponsorship in general if A well backed sponsored club like Wigan is reporting losses.

Well done IL keep it up.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote:Wigan does spend a hell of a lot on infrastructure. I wonder what a reduction in gate prices would mean even a drop to £18 for the South stand and £20 for the East... larger crowds, more spending on pies.

Just also shows the lack of RL sponsorship in general if A well backed sponsored club like Wigan is reporting losses.

Well done IL keep it up.
The money you spend at the stadium doesn't go into Wigan's coffers, it goes straight to the stadium management nothing to do with Wigan ????
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

IFL is first and foremost a supporter, we are in good hands. The Wigan public need to support both him and the team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

josie andrews wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:Wigan does spend a hell of a lot on infrastructure. I wonder what a reduction in gate prices would mean even a drop to £18 for the South stand and £20 for the East... larger crowds, more spending on pies.

Well done IL keep it up.
The money you spend at the stadium doesn't go into Wigan's coffers, it goes straight to the stadium management nothing to do with Wigan ????
Talk of a Supporters Club at Robin Park. Be able to get yer pies and ale in there, safe in the knowledge its going back to Wigan RLFC