Escare not going to Limoux

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Escare not going to Limoux

Post by markill »

in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
southportcdm

Re: Escare not going to Limoux

Post by southportcdm »

Very good news. Although I don't expect him to be first choice next season he gives us great cover and you never know what will happen with injuries etc. I think he's still improving and the fact that he's staying perhaps implies that he thinks we'll have a chance of winning something. nice one Morgan.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Id like to use him in a burrow style role bring him in late when the forwards tire and let him wreak havoc
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Despite the overall game last week Escare was good at fullback and his try was first class.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I messaged Morgan as soon as I heard this at the beginning of August when it was in one of the French papers & he told me then he wasn't leaving.

I'm very happy that he is staying because I think he is a very good & reliable player. We are very lucky to have him.

He is a fans favourite & when he comes on the game just changes completely with his pace. I've often felt that George's game also changes for the better too when Morgan is playing.

There's a poll on FB about who is the most underrated player in SL, there are a big number of fans from other clubs who voted for Escare, & would like him at their club.

I just hope that we keep him at FB & put Hardaker in the threequarter line where I feel his attack will benefit us more.

I also wish he got more game time too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

For me Hardaker,when on song is way and above the best fullback in the comp,no doubt in my mind Leeds and Cas benefitted from him blowing on all cylinders it will be a sight to see him in a Wigan shirt if he regains that form,so other than injuries surely the weight of performances in that position cements his place there,I can’t think of another reason that the club let Sam go without having a top class replacement coming in.

Escare staying no problem with it if thing go wonky with Hardaker they do at least have someone to step into his role,but I think he’ll be coming off the bench next season,but as ever we will see.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I heard a strong rumour he was going to retire, maybe the Limoux move meant just from Professional rugby.

I'm glad he's staying, he's got something you cannot coach and that's speed off the mark. He's got good hands and should really come on under the coaching of Lam. Hopefully he's been persuaded by Navarrete, as he's another I would really not want to lose.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Excellent news.
In these days of often boring rugby Morgan Escare is one exciting player. He's scoring tries regularly and in important games.
His pace is something opponents will always have problems with and that we are retaining him is great.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

fozzieskem wrote:For me Hardaker,when on song is way and above the best fullback in the comp,no doubt in my mind Leeds and Cas benefitted from him blowing on all cylinders it will be a sight to see him in a Wigan shirt if he regains that form,so other than injuries surely the weight of performances in that position cements his place there,I can’t think of another reason that the club let Sam go without having a top class replacement coming in.

Escare staying no problem with it if thing go wonky with Hardaker they do at least have someone to step into his role,but I think he’ll be coming off the bench next season,but as ever we will see.
. A new coach next season with his own ideas means all bets are off. We shall see.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jao 711 wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:For me Hardaker,when on song is way and above the best fullback in the comp,no doubt in my mind Leeds and Cas benefitted from him blowing on all cylinders it will be a sight to see him in a Wigan shirt if he regains that form,so other than injuries surely the weight of performances in that position cements his place there,I can’t think of another reason that the club let Sam go without having a top class replacement coming in.

. A new coach next season with his own ideas means all bets are off. We shall see.

Agreed,indeed they doubt ill put money on Hardaker being the number one fullback at Wigan next season