Re: Hardaker statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Having read another thread on another site, I wonder whether we can sack him even if we want to if he is not our player or employee. I feel I should know the answer to that, but I can’t work it out...
Where I work you could now be sacked as you would have bought the company name to disrepute. But if I said I was an alcoholic they are then obliged under T and C to get me support which I must attend with a manger from the company.

After that if I do it again or refuse or not turn up to the counselling sessions then your fired.

Problem sacking him will have is that IL signed him knowing he has issues. If he is smart he will have behaviour put into the contract but if he does that he then changes the working condition for 1 and not all. That then goes to equal opps so as you say we should know but its a minefield.
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I think its a sad that people are defending him i just hope that no-one here ever has a family member hurt by a drink driver
Totally agree, I am sure no one who is defending him have had people close to them injured or worse by a drink driver.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Is anyone confident that we can plan for an entire season around this type of character?
If we keep him on every week that goes by without him doing something stupid will seen as a bonus by some, and I would imagine with relief by IL & KR.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: We could sign Coote from North Queensland. Batty will be upset if Hardaker is sacked, no rent money!
Coote signed for Saints. :( :(
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

1) he isnt in season now
If that is the problem might I suggest taking him to the vets? :roll:
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

oldhooker wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I think its a sad that people are defending him i just hope that no-one here ever has a family member hurt by a drink driver
Totally agree, I am sure no one who is defending him have had people close to them injured or worse by a drink driver.

Hold on a minute. I am in no way condoning him. The man is a clown. But that statement is ridiculous. There are 10 times more people injured or worse by speeding drivers than drink drivers. And would say that at some time in there driving life every driver has broken the speed limit. And yes I have suffered by a speeding driver. So are you saying speeding drivers not as bad. Because the two can have exactly the same outcome.Less than 5mph can double the risk of death.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
oldhooker wrote:

Hold on a minute. I am in no way condoning him. The man is a clown. But that statement is ridiculous. There are 10 times more people injured or worse by speeding drivers than drink drivers. And would say that at some time in there driving life every driver has broken the speed limit. And yes I have suffered by a speeding

driver. So are you saying speeding drivers not as bad. Because the two can have
exactly the same outcome.Less than 5mph can double the risk of death.
Utter nonsense sorry, I have never mentioned speeding drivers and Hardaker has not been charged with speeding, he is a moron and continues to break rules, regulations and laws so he should be shown the door and anyone that defends him in any way needs to look at themselves.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

old hooker wrote:
oldhooker wrote: Totally agree, I am sure no one who is defending him have had people close to them injured or worse by a drink driver.

Hold on a minute. I am in no way condoning him. The man is a clown. But that statement is ridiculous. There are 10 times more people injured or worse by speeding drivers than drink drivers. And would say that at some time in there driving life every driver has broken the speed limit. And yes I have suffered by a speeding

Utter nonsense sorry, I have never mentioned speeding drivers and Hardaker has not been charged with speeding, he is a moron and continues to break rules, regulations and laws so he should be shown the door and anyone that defends him in any way needs to look at themselves.
Has anyone defended him? Point a post out where anyone has defended him if you can please.

Or is it that some do not jump on the burn the witch band wagon that is annoying you.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

thegimble wrote:
old hooker wrote:

Has anyone defended him? Point a post out where anyone has defended him if you can please.

Or is it that some do not jump on the burn the witch band wagon that is annoying you.
Well 7 people have voted he shouldn't be released for a start - is that not defending him? Im not saying anyone has condoned his actions but if you dont believe he should be released then you are at the very least not recognising the the transgression as that serious it should jeopardise his employment as a very highly paid sportsman
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
thegimble wrote:
old hooker wrote: Utter nonsense sorry, I have never mentioned speeding drivers and Hardaker has not been charged with speeding, he is a moron and continues to break rules, regulations and laws so he should be shown the door and anyone that defends him in any way needs to look at themselves.

Well 7 people have voted he shouldn't be released for a start - is that not defending him? Im not saying anyone has condoned his actions but if you dont believe he should be released then you are at the very least not recognising the the transgression as that serious it should jeopardise his employment as a very highly paid sportsman

No it is not defending his actions. No one person has defended what he did. Seems if anyone does not call for his execution they are all understating what he did in you opinion which you are entitled to just as anyone else on here is to theirs. But seems anyone who has the opposite view to you then you will not accept it as people see things differently. But again internet has formed the biggest witch hunting societies since the Salem trials and the Spanish inquisitions.

A court of law will decide his punishment and not some witch hunt keyboard warriors. This transgression for me is on par with what Bateman did. regardless of history both could have seriously injured another person or persons whilst under the influence.

PS additional

Pay should have nothing to do with it. Drink driving is a criminal offence and courts are far too lenient on it.