Wigan vs cas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Wigan vs cas

Post by moto748 »

Southern Softy wrote: Shenton, who I both like and rate as a player, can rarely have been so comprehensively stifled as he was last night.
+1.

A terrific defensive display
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

Again another ‘hard fought’ win, thought it was an excellent tough game with everyone playing well, but feel. En Flower deserves better credit for the workload he puts in.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

exactly what i was expecting last night - very tough physical game, but was quietly confident that Wigan would win as we have the big game experience and players who can perform when it matters

defensively we covered well all night and as already said by many Shenton must be having nightmares today as he got smashed every time he got the ball

my only gripe is that we should be seeing games last that every week (not aimed at Wigan but RL generally). that would be easy to sell to TV companies and attract new sponsorships
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Zakooo wrote:That was perfect semi-final rugby, you don’t win semis with fancy rugby.
Tell that to Bradford Northern at Burnden Park... although Monie still had a go at Offiah! Haha
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian b

Post by ian b »

Barney841 wrote:Cas are definitely bottlers of super league. Normal season they kill it and are very fluent, but when it gets to the knockout stages their arse falls out.
It’s a shame as they are a decent team, except from wardle. He is overrated
i think Wigan were that well drilled especially in defence i think Cas struggled to get in the game at all and yes they have a great team with some brilliant individuals
ian b

Post by ian b »

[quote="Shaun1967"]I bet Shenton asked for Gildart's autograph after that game.[/quote ]
and Batemans. He smashed him every time he got the ball !!
ian b

Post by ian b »

josie andrews wrote:
Barney841 wrote:Cas are definitely bottlers of super league. Normal season they kill it and are very fluent, but when it gets to the knockout stages their arse falls out.
It’s a shame as they are a decent team, except from wardle. He is overrated
As is Gale & McShane who was offside all night, & they are both dirty sh**s

I hate Castleford with a passion! In fact I think they’ve overtook Leeds in my hate department ????
Mc Shane is a quality player though
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Think someone else had already mentioned it, but it was a very Australian performance by Wigan. Defence wins trophies, and our defence was outstanding.

Get the attack working a little better, and Warrington won't be able to live with us next weekend.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.