South stand fans behaviour

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jorob1

South stand fans behaviour

Post by Jorob1 »

Been South stand season ticket holder for years... rugby league fans normally do not sink to the level of fans from other sports that are played in stadia like the DW.. but last night at the Cas game some found it funny to shower fans seated below them with beer... thanks lot to them .. my wife and daughter now have stale beer smelling coats... we don’t need such moronic behaviour in our game...
4 Generations

Re: South stand fans behaviour

Post by 4 Generations »

Worse than that.Some clever MF threw a beer bottle from the back.Hit a young lad about halfway down.I think the bottle was plastic.Have to say,its not usual,but a sign of today's younger fans take on Rugby.Find him/her,drag him/her on the pitch and shame him/her,kick balls at him/her at half time :D

4G
ian b

Post by ian b »

Jorob1 wrote:Been South stand season ticket holder for years... rugby league fans normally do not sink to the level of fans from other sports that are played in stadia like the DW.. but last night at the Cas game some found it funny to shower fans seated below them with beer... thanks lot to them .. my wife and daughter now have stale beer smelling coats... we don’t need such moronic behaviour in our game...
you should have got up and smashed them pal, they have no respect. I too was with my daughter and luckily i guess i sit under the scoreboard in the East Stand. I got a grip of a lad last season who kept on effing and blinding and there was a couple sat there with their young daughter but i think were a bit scared to say anything. He backed down from me because he is a bully and probably keeps getting away with it. Come sit next to us !!!!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

ian b wrote:
Jorob1 wrote:Been South stand season ticket holder for years... rugby league fans normally do not sink to the level of fans from other sports that are played in stadia like the DW.. but last night at the Cas game some found it funny to shower fans seated below them with beer... thanks lot to them .. my wife and daughter now have stale beer smelling coats... we don’t need such moronic behaviour in our game...
you should have got up and smashed them pal, they have no respect. I too was with my daughter and luckily i guess i sit under the scoreboard in the East Stand. I got a grip of a lad last season who kept on effing and blinding and there was a couple sat there with their young daughter but i think were a bit scared to say anything. He backed down from me because he is a bully and probably keeps getting away with it. Come sit next to us !!!!
Idiots. We don't need people like that at a rugby game.

I remember once going to a match at Leigh when I was around 17. There was a Wigan fan, probably around the same age shaking with fear as he was taunted and about to be set upon by a group of about 10 Leigh "fans" around the same age.

A lady in her 50s or 60s put her arm around him and asked him to stand with her. I can still remember her saying "it's alright, come and stand with us lad".

She was with a man in his 20's or 30's. The "fans" left them alone.... I remember feeling so impressed and full of admiration for this lady.

4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Girls are as bad,if not worse now than Men.My lad gets revved up and i have to warn him about his language at times.I find it so embarrassing .He wasnt brought up that way,its the Mobile Phone Generation.They have no concept of decent loyal behaviour at times.
Bad language,it happens,Throw beer is one thing,but a bottle.What next will be thrown.BAN UM.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It happens regularly at away games especially at saints where they throw their pints over the fans lower down!

The flares are another thing that really anger me ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Post by endoman »

Not saying it's right, but the same thing often happened in the 70's and 80's in front of the popular stand. People are people
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

There were a few like that at the Huddersfield game a couple of weeks back. No interest in the game just there to taunt the Giants fans . The females in that group were as bad if not worse as the the rest. One disgusting incident in particular is well documented on Facebook.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

No way am I condoning this but at least it was only beer!!
I'll leave the mind to suss out what happens at gigs!?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

What morans. Shows how dim they are they pay 3.70 a pint to throw it away bl**dy idiots.