What next for Zak after act of stupidity?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: What next for Zak after act of stupidity?

Post by Firestarter »

Ive said for a few years sam and zak are completely different players...... zak can play more positions:sam is a better leader and organiser.......zak is a good runner of the ball/sam is a better passer and link/creator player......both arnt fantastic defensively but i must admit sam was far better before he went to aus.......my final conclusion is only time will tell( thats if zak ever gets to wear our famous jersey)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ian b

Post by ian b »

Craig Mullen looked good against Wakefield so why don't the club give him game time next season at 1 along side Morgan ?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Standards that have seen us reach ANOTHER GF, one of the Tomkins brothers moved on and the other playing his best rugby for many years and without him we would not be in another GF!

I kind of don’t mind these standards to be honest! But there is always room for improvement, however Hardaker over Sam is not one!!
1) the standards here are the behavioural standards into which an addict would be stepping. Clearly, both Tomkinses have drink issues.

2) we have got to a Grand Final, as we did in 2016, which we won without a Tomkins who had injured himself while drunk. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed the season immensely, and will accept that Tomkins’ pointing and talking has played its part. Indeed, he has done more for us this year than in his previous 2 years stealing a living and the 2 years at the Warriors. We don’t know if we would have made a GF without him. Our most fluent performance this year was away against Saints, though which doesn’t back up that assertion.

3) Sam choosing to leave frees up a marquee spot, which, if we find a good organising 7 to go alongside Williams, will mean that we would be stronger as a side with a running fullback.
There is a contradiction in your first point. If we have such high standards here, the club would not have tolerated any players drinking to the extent seen in "that" video but they clearly do because they aren't the only players who receive a mention for being ratted out and about in Wigan. And of course we had "Bateman-gate".

I think the idea Wigan is some sort of paragon of virtue and of high standards is a bit of myth based on the very fact the Tomkins twins (and others) carried on as they did. Blaming players you clearly dislike for their behaviour but suggesting the club will turn around the behaviour of players who you don't is taking your own preferred view of reality IMO.

Edwards might make a difference if he is allowed to be the disciplinarian and sack players who don't tow the line but I don't think that is a given.

The idea because we won one game away at Saints so that proves anything is ridiculous even for you. Your dislike of the player has cleary removed all reason from your argument.

As to your last point, we have not done any of that so until we see a star quality 7 pitch up it's not relevant.

You clearly just don't like Sam T. I don't think from what we have seen the sun shines out of his bum as a person either but I don't let that blind ne to his ability. We have had plenty of dubious characters at the club including the great E Hanley.

I hope Sam T wins the MoM in the GF. If he does we will probably have another trophy to add to the collection.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Standards that have seen us reach ANOTHER GF, one of the Tomkins brothers moved on and the other playing his best rugby for many years and without him we would not be in another GF!

I kind of don’t mind these standards to be honest! But there is always room for improvement, however Hardaker over Sam is not one!!
1) the standards here are the behavioural standards into which an addict would be stepping. Clearly, both Tomkinses have drink issues.

2) we have got to a Grand Final, as we did in 2016, which we won without a Tomkins who had injured himself while drunk. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed the season immensely, and will accept that Tomkins’ pointing and talking has played its part. Indeed, he has done more for us this year than in his previous 2 years stealing a living and the 2 years at the Warriors. We don’t know if we would have made a GF without him. Our most fluent performance this year was away against Saints, though which doesn’t back up that assertion.

3) Sam choosing to leave frees up a marquee spot, which, if we find a good organising 7 to go alongside Williams, will mean that we would be stronger as a side with a running fullback.
We don't have the money for a marquee signing. IFL has openly said that we are playing with £120k.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ian b wrote:Craig Mullen looked good against Wakefield so why don't the club give him game time next season at 1 along side Morgan ?
Mullen is a better fullback than Escare.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: 1) the standards here are the behavioural standards into which an addict would be stepping. Clearly, both Tomkinses have drink issues.

There is a contradiction in your first point. If we have such high standards here, the club would not have tolerated any players drinking to the extent seen in "that" video but they clearly do because they aren't the only players who receive a mention for being ratted out and about in Wigan. And of course we had "Bateman-gate".

I think the idea Wigan is some sort of paragon of virtue and of high standards is a bit of myth based on the very fact the Tomkins twins (and others) carried on as they did. Blaming players you clearly dislike for their behaviour but suggesting the club will turn around the behaviour of players who you don't is taking your own preferred view of reality IMO.

Edwards might make a difference if he is allowed to be the disciplinarian and sack players who don't tow the line but I don't think that is a given.

The idea because we won one game away at Saints so that proves anything is ridiculous even for you. Your dislike of the player has cleary removed all reason from your argument.

As to your last point, we have not done any of that so until we see a star quality 7 pitch up it's not relevant.

You clearly just don't like Sam T. I don't think from what we have seen the sun shines out of his bum as a person either but I don't let that blind ne to his ability. We have had plenty of dubious characters at the club including the great E Hanley.

I hope Sam T wins the MoM in the GF. If he does we will probably have another trophy to add to the collection.
Well said DaveO!!

When Exiled states that ‘Clearly, both Tomkinses have drink issues’ .....I stopped reading to be honest!

When bitterness clouds facts, it really isn’t worth arguing with someone!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

We should hire Scott Moore

Driving over 100 in a 30 zone
Hard as nails to get tasered and keep fighting
Hes only been in jail everyone deserves another chance.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Jamie Acton would be a good signing if Scott Moore is in the frame haha
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It is a simple enough line of reasoning...

1) someone says that we should not keep Zak because of his issues. Drink related issues. Therefore we should have kept Tomkins.

2) it is relevant to point out that Tomkins this year brought shame on the club through his drinking, and that he missed masses of 2017 through a self inflicted drinking injury. There aren’t opinions these are facts.

3) we are doomed apparently because (our non running fullback) Sam has been so marvellous. And yet our best and most fluent performance did not feature him. Another fact.

Even by DaveO’s one eyed obsession with criticising the club for any real and imagined failing, his rant is thick.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

What about ranghi chase his ban is up soon isnt it?

new half back

everyone deserves a 406th chance
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure