Shaun Wane: Farewell to Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Shaun Wane: Farewell to Wigan

Post by josie andrews »

Ahead of his final match in charge of Wigan Warriors in the 2018 Super League Grand Final, Shaun Wane spoke to Sky Sports' Eddie Hemmings about his time at the club

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... l-to-wigan
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Re: Shaun Wane: Farewell to Wigan

Post by ancientnloyal »

The bit that got me as a fan and Insuppose a human is when he paused talking about when he told the players he was leaving. That bit means a lot and will always be grateful to wane on givingnus success and having this club as his life for so many years.

He hasn’t been perfect by any means As a coach or tactician that’s part of the job but one of most successful coaches ever.

Thanks Shaun and good luck in pastures new
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Some very bad music choice on that interview ????.

What it does show is Wane has been Wigan for years. The fact that he has coached players like Farrell/tomkins from 14 is amazing, could you imagine any other team sport coach being able to say that?

What does concern me is with how intergral Wane has been to wigan is what happens next, Fergy made Man u what they where and it fell apart when he left.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Absolute Legend. Realy is that simple.Sorry,
ABSOLUTE WIGAN LEGEND.

4G
exiled

Post by exiled »

Surely a place in the Wigan Hall of Fame, might even go as far as The Rugby League Hall of Fame for what he has done over the past 30 years. Surely no one else can claim to have done what Shaun has done.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Shaun, I tip my hat to you!! Absolute upmost respect for you!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
moto748

Post by moto748 »

So pleased for him. :D
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Wane out!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote:Some very bad music choice on that interview ????.

What it does show is Wane has been Wigan for years. The fact that he has coached players like Farrell/tomkins from 14 is amazing, could you imagine any other team sport coach being able to say that?

What does concern me is with how intergral Wane has been to wigan is what happens next, Fergy made Man u what they where and it fell apart when he left.
Your point over Fregie is a very valid one,his very soul seems part of wigan now and I don’t think it’s going to be as easy as a new coach wandering in and all will be well,the plus side is of course Hull,Leeds and Wire are still in a state of flux so that should help wigan out.