It's Our Year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: It's Our Year

Post by pearsy »

Ok it's been said it was not a very good game to watch for the the nutral or none rugby league fan but we won it could have made a lot easier if them conversations had gone over. I hope Lam makes it a priority to get a player that can turn 4 into 6 on a regular basis
ian b

Post by ian b »

thought it was a great cup game and it should be tight. I watched the NRL final and that was based on defence. And i would never take notice of what Union had to say to be honest. I'm also glad the club didn't listen to some fans asking for Mr Wane to be sacked !!!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Imagine the press attention if a Football player who missed 2 seasons with very serious carry threatening injuries did what Manfredi did last night.

As a game not the best but the defence was brutal at times.
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

The reason the two sides seemed to cancel eachnother out is precisely because they try to play the same way: emphasis on strong defence and play off the cuff on attack.

Neither side looked like they knew what they were doing with the ball, and it was only Wigan's superior opportunistic plays and occasional smart combinations which won the day.

It would be churlish not to commend Shaun Wane for delivering this success, but the bar has to be set higher now, and hopefully Lam and Edwards know what's expected of them.

The attendance was nowhere near a sell out, and therefore part of the worrying general decline. For the sake of the game other clubs as well as Wigan need to up their performances.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:I always listen the nuetrals in games like that,the Leeds fan behind me rightly pointed out it was a poor game but won by the right team I have to agree with him.

I do wonder if Hull and Leeds has been in form would Wire have been there I suspect not they’re still rebuilding and are a long way from being the finished article,good in defence but woeful in attack sums them up,a half back pairing that simply didn’t work didn’t help either.

I guess after that brilliant game last week wigan didn’t have much left in the tank,but it was more than enough for last night,and the win for Wigan was just.

Oh well the drought begins and let’s hope that next season the success continues.
We didn't have much left in the tank because we only had 38% of the ball in the first half. It was all down to grit and determination yesterday.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Doesnt the recent results rubber stamp the fact that we are.

The Greatest Rugby League Club in the World.Cant put in words how proud it is to be a Wiganer Today[any day].Bravo to everyone that has been involved.The Wayne nockers,,,,,,,,
:lol:
Buy a Leeds Shirt next season,shame on you.

4G :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Top day..... top result....... top performance...... met some great fans from dewsbury and widnes( both supporting wigan as neutrals)......all had same views on rugby......no trouble seen at all...... had to laugh at the st helens lads pissed up outside the harvester pub...... all wrestling and sliding across spilked beer..... luckily they kept themselves to themselves...... a few smashed glasses but all in all good rivalries...... only downer for me was the MOM......Dom or Daryl Clarke but defo not ratchford
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike1993

Post by Mike1993 »

As other people have already said it wasn't the best game of rugby but out of all the Grand Final wins that was my personal favourite. Not just because it was the perfect send off for Waney and everyone who is leaving but to actually win the Grand Final on my birthday was something special. And it means we get another year of singing "it's always your year" when we play Warrington.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Did anyone notice Ian Lenagan yesterday I didn’t see him in the celebrations?
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Did anyone notice Ian Lenagan yesterday I didn’t see him in the celebrations?
He was on the pitch with the players after the final whistle.