It's Our Year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: It's Our Year

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Didn’t see him,

Looks like the players are going to have a good day anyways as always at end of year do, wonder where they are going this year
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Didn’t see him,

Looks like the players are going to have a good day anyways as always at end of year do, wonder where they are going this year
hopefully not the fifteens bar in standish ????????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

The end of season dinner should be fun on Monday night. If it's anything like 2016 there was hardly a leg between them. :D I'm really looking forward to it, I think there'll have to be some discrete editing on Wigan t.v.!!!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Did anyone notice Ian Lenagan yesterday I didn’t see him in the celebrations?
He was there both pre and post match
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The Yonner wrote:The reason the two sides seemed to cancel eachnother out is precisely because they try to play the same way: emphasis on strong defence and play off the cuff on attack.

Neither side looked like they knew what they were doing with the ball, and it was only Wigan's superior opportunistic plays and occasional smart combinations which won the day.

It would be churlish not to commend Shaun Wane for delivering this success, but the bar has to be set higher now, and hopefully Lam and Edwards know what's expected of them.

The attendance was nowhere near a sell out, and therefore part of the worrying general decline. For the sake of the game other clubs as well as Wigan need to up their performances.
Brilliant post agreed. Take nothing away from wane he delivered for us but away from our win and emotion I want a more exciting brand of rugby and hopefully that will be seen next year. The general decline is alarming 64,000 is quite bad. Prices going up whilst wages aren’t. Something has to change
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Didn’t see him,

Liverpool. Think it’s called Peaky Blinders? ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The Yonner wrote:The reason the two sides seemed to cancel eachnother out is precisely because they try to play the same way: emphasis on strong defence and play off the cuff on attack.
I think you have to add another reason as to why the teams cancelled each other out. The man in the middle, Hicks. Here is a ref who rarely penalises for offside. Wire were more guilty of this than us but I think the short 10 that was a constant feature of the game was a major reason why it was so defence oriented.

michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Excellent performance by us,not the prettiest game to watch but yesterday was all about the result.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Outstanding result
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

That was a sphincter clenching display. Spent the second half desperate for a p but there was no chance to slip away. As a Wigan fan that was an excellent performance. We could have thrown the ball around, and lost, but instead we played to a game plan that brought us victory. I am sure that plenty of clubs will have noticed that SW has four days a week free. A great chef can take ordinary ingredients and make something magnificent and the salary cap ensures that we only have a sprinkling of greatness in the team.