It's Our Year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: It's Our Year

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Don't usually enjoy tight games like last weeks semi-final and this weeks final . Usually i am a nervous wreck but these last two games i watched on and was simply in awe of Wigans defence which made it more comfortable viewing . Simply Magnificent (special mention to Wee Tam)

Well done boys , well deserved

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Had my 7 year old constantly keep telling me the trophy is ours cud the score stayed at 4 points to warrington... with minutely updates! I spent most of the second half looking at my hands! The relief though when Manfredi scores his second...

Wigan have done it and we move to 22 League Titles! Now the CCup is on 19 we need to get that back up to pace!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

Absolutely fantastic result and a performance befitting of SW's last in charge - a defensive masterclass. Well done to everyone involved. Both wingers were superb, Gildart did well and Sarge had his moments, the tackling Tommy L, Flower and Powell (so unfairly underrated in my opinion) put in was terrific, the kicking game was almost spot-on, Greenwood, Farrell, Sutton, Clubb and of course Bateman all put in great shifts too and took the game to Warrington. Navarette worked hard. Williams had one of his best games (apart from the knock-ons), Tompkins was superb under the high ball all night, Escare certainly wound 'em up and looked dangerous too. All led by the most composed captain in Super League - Sean O'L. What a team effort. So well deserved and a million miles away from some of the dross we endured at times last season.

If Lam can add an exciting, cutting edge to such a great defensive mindset and the youngsters step up, the good times might just keep rolling....
PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

I was sat just behind the dugout and spoke to Ian L a few times before and after the match - he was delighted (as you'd expect). So yes, he was very much there!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I found it absolutely compelling. I expected to catch up with my brother during the game but we ended up not speaking more than a few words to each other as we simply could not take our eyes off the game. My daughter and niece were telling me off for not clapping enough, but I was so nervous I found myself holding tightly onto anything I could get my hands on pretty much until Dom scored his second. No idea what the decibel level was, but my god it was the noisiest explosion of relief I can ever remember,
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I know players and coaches dont really read the forums but if Shaun Wane does read this i would like to admit i was very wrong about him

I dont take my comments about our style back but i didnt think we would win anything this year, he proved once again why im typing here and he was sitting in the coaches seat at the Grand Final

His emotion after the game was so personable to the club and we will miss him

Thanks for everything Shaun i may not of appreciated it all the time while you were here but looking back now your leaving its been a hell of a ride!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure