It's Our Year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

It's Our Year

Post by yokozuna »

Congratulations. Well deserved.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
cumbria_warrior

Re: It's Our Year

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Are the team having a homecoming parade tomorrow?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well deserved win. Certainly a case of if defense wins matches there is your proof. Warrington could have played for another half hour and I don't think they could have scored and if you can't score then you will lose games by margins like 8 points in a low scoring match like that.

Looking around the 'net I can see already lots of negative views on the match from various quarters such as RU types on the BBC website RL comments section but they would a give a toss if their team won a premiership final 12-4.

I am made up for the team, coach and back room staff and almost as glad we didn't end up making it Warringtons year as I am we won!

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Elite sport is all about winning, not how, but winning!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wigan Warriors Under 19's academy 2018 Champions.
Wigan Warriors Ladies 2018 Womens Superleague Champions.
Wigan Warriors 2018 Superleague Champions.

Easy to sum up.
Wigan Warriors, Champion RL Club.

Congratulations to all associated with the club, directors, staff, players and fans.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

You just can't say better than that! :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote:Well deserved win. Certainly a case of if defense wins matches there is your proof. Warrington could have played for another half hour and I don't think they could have scored and if you can't score then you will lose games by margins like 8 points in a low scoring match like that.

Looking around the 'net I can see already lots of negative views on the match from various quarters such as RU types on the BBC website RL comments section but they would a give a toss if their team won a premiership final 12-4.

I am made up for the team, coach and back room staff and almost as glad we didn't end up making it Warringtons year as I am we won!

The bbc comments are a joke the RU fans point out high scoring matches mean that RL cant defend.

Yestetdays game was nerve wrecking, warrington never went away. It was a game of two defences canceling each other out and both attacks never fully clicking.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
endoman

Post by endoman »

I took a diehard Union fan to the game yesterday. He loved it, not a bad word to say. Agree it was v defence orientated, but with the result not certain till very near the end it made a good watch for him. Helped to be in the middle of the ace Wigan fans, it was certainly different to Twickers for him. Thanks to the Warrington fans as well, great banter, but not a hint of bother at any point in our day.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Fantastic win. Manfredi. Davies, Williams and Gildart between them had the young, home grown magic to crack Wire, while all 17 dug as deep as ever to hold them at bay and scramble. Extraordinarily tense, which turned Dom’s finish into an explosion of relief.

In our group, we had 2 girls (my daughter and niece) watching their first Grand Final. Completely hooked, and really proud of our women’s team. They were as keen to know when they can watch the women play as to know when we can next take them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I always listen the nuetrals in games like that,the Leeds fan behind me rightly pointed out it was a poor game but won by the right team I have to agree with him.

I do wonder if Hull and Leeds has been in form would Wire have been there I suspect not they’re still rebuilding and are a long way from being the finished article,good in defence but woeful in attack sums them up,a half back pairing that simply didn’t work didn’t help either.

I guess after that brilliant game last week wigan didn’t have much left in the tank,but it was more than enough for last night,and the win for Wigan was just.

Oh well the drought begins and let’s hope that next season the success continues.