Victory parade

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Victory parade

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Does the club not organise a victory parade like they used to now?
josie andrews

Re: Victory parade

Post by josie andrews »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Does the club not organise a victory parade like they used to now?
No, they only did it once for the 2010 GF. Players have been on International duty I think since!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Poor show really given the club won everything bar the challenge cup on offer,would have been a great opportunity to show off the women’s triumph too,oh well not to be I suppose
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Shame,but no voice left anyway.Well done the WARRIORS and FANS

4G
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The council have said they are hoping to do something to celebrate this achievement later in the year.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

josie andrews wrote:The council have said they are hoping to do something to celebrate this achievement later in the year.
They'll probably just change the Welcome to Wigan sign at Marus Bridge island.

I do think the club should hold some event. Even just a thank you fans day inside robin park arena. Somewhere fans can go and meet the players and have a photo with the trophy. Doesn't have to be major event, but its good for the fans to be able to shake Waney's hand and say thanks.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

First Try Tickle wrote:
josie andrews wrote:The council have said they are hoping to do something to celebrate this achievement later in the year.
They'll probably just change the Welcome to Wigan sign at Marus Bridge island.

I do think the club should hold some event. Even just a thank you fans day inside robin park arena. Somewhere fans can go and meet the players and have a photo with the trophy. Doesn't have to be major event, but its good for the fans to be able to shake Waney's hand and say thanks.

Wigan council couldnot organise you know what in a brewery
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White