escare

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
formulamoto

escare

Post by formulamoto »

2 match saving ? tackles on ratchford . hope he stays but where does he fit in ? not a permanent interchange surely
thegimble

Re: escare

Post by thegimble »

formulamoto wrote:2 match saving ? tackles on ratchford . hope he stays but where does he fit in ? not a permanent interchange surely
Could be substitutions from what I can gather will come into line with the NRL next season. Should be something mentioned this week or next. The new SL chief wants the game quickened and says number of radical changes are incoming.

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Morgan was excellent again last night. Great in defence and a tremendous clean break which put us in a good position in their half.
He makes a difference every time he plays.
I do hope we can keep him long term.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Escare was perfect last night and this is why I like him coming off the bench,licence to wind up the wire granted and did to perfection while other times he’s come on and created havoc with his play,I don’t think you can underestimate how much trouble this causes for whoever they’re playing.

It’ll be interesting to see how Lam plays him .
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really impressed with Morgan last night. I wonder if his performance could indirectly influence our decision on Zak. Starting the season with Morgan as first choice with perhaps Mullen as back up would leave us potentially weaker than Zak and Morgan but we may be considering it. It's also possible that our multitude of centres/wingers gives us the possibility of turning one of them into a fullback. I don't think any could be a direct replacement for Sam but for example, I've always thought that Budgie could be developed into a fullback in the mould of Radlinski. I realise that we've benefitted from having four good wingers this year but most years that would leave one or two first teamers in the reserves/on loan.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bin Hardaker off and move Morgy to Fullback, I'm sure Cas would love to have him back
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Surely we dont need hardaker

Escare is not as good a full back as a prime hardaker of that there is no doubt. However given the risk/wage of Hardaker.

I think with an extended run in the team Morgan would be up there with the better half of the league in terms of performances, plus he never seems to land himself in any of the bother.

I would be worried about Zak being around young players he could easily influence he clearly has no intention of changing his ways
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure