Manfredi thrilled by two-try Grand Final display after ‘unbelievably dark’ days

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Manfredi thrilled by two-try Grand Final display after ‘unbelievably dark’ days

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Manfredi thrilled by two-try Grand Final display after ‘unbelievably dark’ days

Post by Firestarter »

My Mom....... 2 tries...... try saver and one incredible goal line clearing run....... safe as houses all night
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Re: Manfredi thrilled by two-try Grand Final display after ‘unbelievably dark’ days

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If the press had voted MOM after the final whistle then Dom would probably have won it.
We are all glad to see him back and his two try Grand Final will establish him in the first 13 next year.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Out of our team, I picked Dom & Morgan as MoM
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

From the article Josie linked to I love this bit at the end.
He was forced off for treatment after being hurt making a try saving tackle on his opposite number Tom Lineham but, after undergoing running repairs, was back out on the field in time to score the winning try.

“It was my eyelid that was cut so there was blood going straight into my eyeball,” he explained. “I couldn’t really see anything, so that needed stitching up. Brooksy [doctor Chris Brookes] nailed that within about five minutes so I was back out there and ready to go. There was no doubt whatsoever I would be going back out there.”
True grit.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Story of the year for mine. He is the sort of player people buy tickets to see in action. The sky is the limit for what he can achieve from here. He could become the world’s best winger. Can’t wait to see him in action again. February can’t come soon enough.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Story of the year for mine. He is the sort of player people buy tickets to see in action. The sky is the limit for what he can achieve from here. He could become the world’s best winger. Can’t wait to see him in action again. February can’t come soon enough.
True Grit and I totally agree. My Man of Steel.