Grand Final 2018

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Grand Final 2018

Post by Nezza Faz »

josie andrews wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:
DaveO wrote: Decision-wise he was oK but he always virtually ignores the offsides so both sides had a short 10. A big factor in the defensively oriented game IMO. This probably suited us more than Wire with our awesome defence and so-so attack.

Thaler ref'd us v Cas S/F !
?? Why have you brought up Thaler refereeing the Castleford semi final? Have I missed something? Thought these couple of posts were about Robert Hicks?

Josie, by definition, the Cas game was even more defensive than the GF, there were only 2 tries scored in that game, v 4 in the GF which Hicks was in charge of.
What I noticed Hicks did in the GF was to take the defensive lines back 10-12 meters, allowing 'miscreants' to creep up slightly in front of him at the PTB, and so allowed this for both teams, instead of blowing up at every PTB, which allowed the game to flow and not blow the P out of the whistle. And despite them being in front of him, as the ball was being played, they were still the 10 meters back.
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Elaborate for me please Ian.

4G
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote:
Fan4Fifty wrote:Whilst we are handing out compliments, and like others having watched the match back, I thought referee Robert Hicks had an excellent game. His handling of the Tomkins and Charnley "incidents" was perfect under real pressure and he never let the match get out of control. For once, ref, well done.
Decision-wise he was oK but he always virtually ignores the offsides so both sides had a short 10. A big factor in the defensively oriented game IMO. This probably suited us more than Wire with our awesome defence and so-so attack.
I'm not trolling you Dave, but your grudging praise reminds me of the Yorkshireman who's mate gave him a free ticket to watch a top comedian. Next day, the mate asked if he'd enjoyed the show. He replied "It were awreight, ah suppose, if tha likes laughing!"
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐