Leeds interested in Sean O'L!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Re: Leeds interested in Sean O'L!!

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:He hasn’t signed a contract or been offered one from Wigan either playing or coaching! ????
There's the problem Josie.
I personally wouldn't like the idea of him playing for Leeds as I know you wouldn't but............?? Other comments have raised interesting scenarios re. change of Coach, players leaving etc.
Wait and see I suppose, especially with the Zak Hardaker situation to be resolved, one way or another.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:He hasn’t signed a contract or been offered one from Wigan either playing or coaching! ????
All things being equal having seen how often he has missed games or only played a bit part in quite a few others you'd be expecting him to retire some time soon or the club to release him but things are not all to equal!

The team had two on-field leaders. Lockers and Sam T. Sam has gone so to allow Lockers to leave as well (or basically force him to by not offering him a deal) says someone at the club doesn't know what they are doing. Especially as Batty has gone who while not an organising leader was one of the players who also helped get Wigan over the line in tight spots.

It's as if someone at the club has an ambition to "do a Leeds" and go from champions to relegation fodder in a season.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote: It's as if someone at the club has an ambition to "do a Leeds" and go from champions to relegation fodder in a season.

Is it? Really? :roll:

Perhaps we should wait and see what happens before we rush to judgment.
billy's pineapple ring

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

Maybe there is some legs in the thought that Maloney is avaiable, Edwards may want him for 3 years and we need some cap space to afford him. Given the choice between possibly getting a half of the quality of Maloney for several years or Lockers playing part time for one more season is too good an opportunity to miss. Personally I would love the prospect of seeing them both play together if that can be sorted.But I would repeat it is only a thought not in anyway linked to anything I have heard personally.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

That's not what we were told previously https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-8782670
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: He hasn’t signed a contract or been offered one from Wigan either playing or coaching! 😢
If that is true (and I have no reason to doubt what you say Josie), then IFL and KR need to sort this pretty damn quick.
No way whatsoever should Lockers be allowed to leave this club.
He has been invaluable as a player and I’m sure would be just as important in a coaching position.
He epitomises everything you want a Wigan Warrior to be.
He has shown unbelievable loyalty to the club over the years when no doubt he could have gone to Australia for a lot more cash. Let’s hope the club show some of that same loyalty.
Lockers needs to stay at Wigan.!!!!!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
That's not what we were told previously https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-8782670
I was going to say the same. I thought he had signed a deal to finish playing at Wigan. But was not sure of length of contract. Presumed it was 3 year deal.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:
DaveO wrote: It's as if someone at the club has an ambition to "do a Leeds" and go from champions to relegation fodder in a season.

Is it? Really? :roll:

Perhaps we should wait and see what happens before we rush to judgment.
Barry and Sam T has already happened.

I was responding to what Josie posted re Lockers. It's what happens on forums. You will get used to it one day. :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Look at the date 01.10.2017 on that link.

I asked him point blank on Monday night & that is the answer he gave me.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
I was going to say the same. I thought he had signed a deal to finish playing at Wigan. But was not sure of length of contract. Presumed it was 3 year deal.
Think it was a year contract last year.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan