Leeds interested in Sean O'L!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Leeds interested in Sean O'L!!

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I'm going to throw it out there and say we shouldn't offer him a contract unless its favourable to the club.

lets not forget he basically plays 50% of games if that and there is no reason to think he will play more next year.

We need to learn from saints with scully who kept going round and they kept wheeling him out for big matches and his impact got less and less and while you have him around you're not building someone else to take his place.

I think he is still a quality player when he plays but if he signed for leeds would i be worried? probably not because that "calf injury" is on the team sheet more than he is

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

It would be a massive mistake to lose lockers the same year we are losing so many others a captains Job isnt just on the pitch.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote:It would be a massive mistake to lose lockers the same year we are losing so many others a captains Job isnt just on the pitch.
Completely agree with you,in fact I’d raise it to call abject stupidity to let him go this year,next year yes but not this one,at this rate they may as well tie Lams hand and feet together.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:It would be a massive mistake to lose lockers the same year we are losing so many others a captains Job isnt just on the pitch.
Completely agree with you,in fact I’d raise it to call abject stupidity to let him go this year,next year yes but not this one,at this rate they may as well tie Lams hand and feet together.
your assuming that its a simple Lockers only wants a 1 year deal

what if he is asking for a 2-3 year playing contract? would you still give it to him?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: what if he is asking for a 2-3 year playing contract? would you still give it to him?
I think he is realistic enough to know that that wouldn't happen, don't you? So I don't think the situation would arise.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: That's not what we were told previously https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-8782670
I was going to say the same. I thought he had signed a deal to finish playing at Wigan. But was not sure of length of contract. Presumed it was 3 year deal.
Think it was a year contract last year.

In that case he must have told wigan he was retiring after this season because he definitely said it was good to know he was finishing his career ato wigan.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I think its more Likely his agent has put this interest in to get a deal from Wigan.

He can always go for a year, then come back and it still counts as continuous. They kept saying on Saturday that Wane has been at Wigan for 30 years, but never mentioned his time at Leeds or Workington.

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Think he'd be a key figure at the club during the transition period of the next few years. Even of he's only playing 50%of the games, that's enough for me.

I'm sure the new coaching staff would want him around.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

josie andrews wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:He hasn’t signed a contract or been offered one from Wigan either playing or coaching! ????
That's not what we were told previously https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-8782670
Look at the date 01.10.2017 on that link.

I asked him point blank on Monday night & that is the answer he gave me.
josie andrews wrote:Spoke to him tonight, he says he doesn’t know where all these stories the last few days are coming from as he hasn’t signed anything yet & hopefully everything will be sorted for next week.

Obviously he’s not going to come out & announce anything before the club announcement.

But when he came over to the East stand after the game he was banging his Wigan badge with pride.
Josie

I posted the above from you when I posted about Canberra announcing John Bateman had signed for them.

You post was one month prior to him actually confirming he was leaving Wigan despite Canberra actually announcing that at that time as "their player"

You just need to know that while players probably enjoy your company and like you - they are not going to disclose their future plans or contract offers to someone who is simply a "fan"
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
your assuming that its a simple Lockers only wants a 1 year deal

what if he is asking for a 2-3 year playing contract? would you still give it to him?
I’d give him,if he wanted it a 2 year deal any day of the week,yes you’re only going to get what 15 games or so out of him,say,anything else is and would be a bonus but it’s that X factor he offers both off and on the field it’s something you simply can’t find that nowadays.