Leeds interested in Sean O'L!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Leeds interested in Sean O'L!!

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:We will spend up to the salary cap so I reckon the cuts will come from elsewhere. Supporters really need to back the team and either buy season tickets or get to as many matches as they can.
Easy to say, much harder to do I fear, its very easy once you've broken the habit of going weekly to go back to it, people simply pick and choose their games now and no amount of loop fixtures will bring them back mean 6 times playing Wire in one season was madness.

I very much doubt we fans will see another marquee player while Williams is there.as IL has said cuts have happened and the club has to start earning again,given IL isn't getting any younger I don't think that's a bad philosophy to adopt, his family may not have the same love of the sport he does and its better to leave the club healthy than mired in debt.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

ian b wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:Well it’s the Thursday after a grand final win so the traditional moaners have had nearly a week to stick the knife into the club.
I think the management have done more than enough to deserve our trust. Sarg for Gelling was madness - he did a good enough job for mine. We would collapse without McIllorum - Powell can instagram him a picture of his winner’s ring. No more project players - Navarette and Hamlin were central to our becoming champions.... and so on.
For the first time in a long time we have 2 coaches who know how to put a play making spine together, and bring out the best from Williams, Tommy, Powell, Escare, Woods and co. Look at what we have done with no attacking or expert play maker coaching. I for one can’t wait to see it.
If Lockers goes, he can walk out with head held high as a legend of the club. If he stays I am sure he will continue to be a valuable asset.
I am relaxed either way, and can’t wait to see what our new coaches have in store for us.
ha ha good post. I love positive people. You forgot to mention how crap Mr Wane is after he's just won us another Grand Final !!!!
....or the fact MM could instagram a post of his winners medal as well!!

The word ‘puddled’ comes to mind!! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
I very much doubt we fans will see another marquee player while Williams is there.as IL has said cuts have happened and the club has to start earning again,given IL isn't getting any younger I don't think that's a bad philosophy to adopt, his family may not have the same love of the sport he does and its better to leave the club healthy than mired in debt.
Why doesn't he co-opt some other directors onto the board? He need not give up his majority shareholding. If we are strapped for cash and he can't raise any more via sponsorship it doesn't mean some different people could not contribute to doing so.

IL is a one man band and in every business after a time CEO's move aside to allow new people with fresh ideas to take the business Forward. I am not suggesting he go that far and steps down, just adds to the board so the club can benefit from the expertise (and possibly the wallets...) of others.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
Why doesn't he co-opt some other directors onto the board? He need not give up his majority shareholding. If we are strapped for cash and he can't raise any more via sponsorship it doesn't mean some different people could not contribute to doing so.

IL is a one man band and in every business after a time CEO's move aside to allow new people with fresh ideas to take the business Forward. I am not suggesting he go that far and steps down, just adds to the board so the club can benefit from the expertise (and possibly the wallets...) of others.
Koukash is available :o
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

DaveO wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:

Good post Dave, it makes sense in the current financial circumstances, as he's getting no younger, and so could delegate some of those key responsibilities he carries around - plus keep his wallet a bit more intact at the same time (and probably his sanity !).
He must have friends, business colleagues, etc who'd be willing to move into the top office with him, who he can trust ? And take off parts of his varied workload, for example dealing with the SL and RFL.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
ian b wrote:[quote="Exiled Wiganer"
We would collapse without McIllorum - Powell can instagram him a picture of his winner’s ring.
!!!!

I thought it would be helpful if I left in the original quote. The way it worked was that I illustrated a point used as a reason to criticise the team, this one being that we need McIllorum to win, and compared that to the reality.

To which we can now add... typical of the meanness and madness of the club to let Lockers go to Leeds and we are doomed next year... and of course he is staying with us.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
ian b wrote:[quote="Exiled Wiganer"
We would collapse without McIllorum - Powell can instagram him a picture of his winner’s ring.
!!!!

I thought it would be helpful if I left in the original quote. The way it worked was that I illustrated a point used as a reason to criticise the team, this one being that we need McIllorum to win, and compared that to the reality.

To which we can now add... typical of the meanness and madness of the club to let Lockers go to Leeds and we are doomed next year... and of course he is staying with us.
Can you show me where anyone has said we need MM to win?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett