Re: ZAK STAYS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Post by BriH »

The Club have made there decision.

It's now up to Zak to sort himself out. He will never have a better chance- perhaps his last chance.
I wish him well.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

There's an old adage, 'A leopard doesn't change it's spots', an adage I rarely find as wrong. I hope Hardaker is the exception to the rule, but I don't think he will be. He has shown that his 'spots' are not for changing several times.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wiganer Ted wrote: I think the club (IL & Rads) have made the right decision.
Hardaker has a past but he's now a Wigan RLFC employee with a contract of employment. The club has a duty of care to its employees.

They have done the best they can by sending him to rehab and hopefully Zak can benefit and come away from it being the better player and better person he mentions in his statement.

Whatever has gone on in the past the club are where they are and so is Zak Hardaker. He obviously has a problem with alcohol and needs help in overcoming that problem.
Whether it is successful or not time will tell but he is going to best place. I wish Zak Hardaker well and hope he can come away with a great future in front of him.
How dare you Ted. Someone talking sense at last.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

bertina wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote: I think the club (IL & Rads) have made the right decision.
Hardaker has a past but he's now a Wigan RLFC employee with a contract of employment. The club has a duty of care to its employees.

They have done the best they can by sending him to rehab and hopefully Zak can benefit and come away from it being the better player and better person he mentions in his statement.

Whatever has gone on in the past the club are where they are and so is Zak Hardaker. He obviously has a problem with alcohol and needs help in overcoming that problem.
Whether it is successful or not time will tell but he is going to best place. I wish Zak Hardaker well and hope he can come away with a great future in front of him.
How dare you Ted. Someone talking sense at last.
I agree. Said when it broke out the club would keep him and should have.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I think the club (IL & Rads) have made the right decision.
Which is the lamest excuse of the lot because it is applied selectively. The fact they have come out with this hypocritical claptrap is the most annoying part of it.

They fined JT £10,000 and had a four match ban lined up. Hardaker, who has never played for the club, gets sent to rehab and nothing else for actually getting convicted of drink driving etc. What sanctions are they going to land Hardaker with? I won't hold my breath for those.

You can't view this in isolation and the reason they have done this is not out of a duty of care but because they think they need the player.

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

josie andrews wrote:I’m backing the club in helping Zak, he has a severe problem & has probably not had the proper help he needs.

But, I feel he needs to earn his place in the team & not just walk into it by ousting a player, eg Escare, who has done nothing but give his all for the club!
I have not got the slightest doubt that Hardaker has been offered help every time he has cocked up, he just refuses to accept it and deserves no sympathy whatsoever
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

[quote="old hooker"][quote="josie andrews"]I’m backing the club in helping Zak, he has a severe problem & has probably not had the proper help he needs.

I'm surprised how many 'holier than thou' people make comment on this site. You can't all, not all of you, be so puritanical that you can't want the best fullback in the game to have a chance of success at Wigan. O.K. the lad has a thirst, he's in his mid twenties, have you forgotten what that meant when you were there etc etc. Just because he's high profile it doesn't mean you have to crucify him. How many of us know someone who has served a sentence and is now fully re-habilitated.
If he were a brickie or a plasterer, would it matter if he was working on your extension given his record. He's the best there is at what he does and Wigan can only do right by him.
I just hope this diatribe doesn't come back to bite me.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Since we're keeping him, here's a suggestion: put him on loan at Swinton UNTIL he proves he's reformed. Half a season should be enough. Then he'll have to oust Morgan from full-back.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote:Since we're keeping him, here's a suggestion: put him on loan at Swinton UNTIL he proves he's reformed. Half a season should be enough. Then he'll have to oust Morgan from full-back.
And how do you prove it?

Honestly it’s time to accept the club want him here and he will play all barring him being found at the scene of a mass murder of puppies holding the knife he will be number one once he’s match fit.

The issue now is when he will be match fit and how much time it’ll take for him
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bill.inger wrote:
old hooker wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I’m backing the club in helping Zak, he has a severe problem & has probably not had the proper help he needs.

I'm surprised how many 'holier than thou' people make comment on this site. You can't all, not all of you, be so puritanical that you can't want the best fullback in the game to have a chance of success at Wigan. O.K. the lad has a thirst, he's in his mid twenties, have you forgotten what that meant when you were there etc etc. Just because he's high profile it doesn't mean you have to crucify him. How many of us know someone who has served a sentence and is now fully re-habilitated.
If he were a brickie or a plasterer, would it matter if he was working on your extension given his record. He's the best there is at what he does and Wigan can only do right by him.
I just hope this diatribe doesn't come back to bite me.
I don’t know or understand why you have quoted my statement & then state I’m “holier than thou!”

I’ve said I’m backing the club in giving Zak the help he needs!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan