Re: ZAK STAYS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

As to our standards, I would have sacked Flower, Joel T and Bateman.

Im always the first to give people a chance and these player as far as I know have made one mistake. I would hope they have learned a lesson.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think wigan are viewing the next year as a bit of a “write off” year

I think what they have thought is let him have a year see what he does - if he straightens out great if not Edwards can get someone different

Escare must feel like a spare part been in really good form only to be replaced by a complete basket case

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

medlocke wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:I'm extremely dissapointed with the club. What makes Wigan believe we are any better than Leeds or Cas at handling this behaviour.

Have we really staked that much on Hardaker for 2019?

We are suppose to be a family friendly club what type of person is Hardaker for kids to look up to be?
Exactly my sentiments.
With everything he's done at least he's never bottled a team mate or bet against his own team, those indiscretions didn't stop those 2 players becoming club favourites did it, I bet you where both big fans of Bateman this year and Gleeson after single handedly winning the 2010 Grand final, I wonder if you will be praising Hardaker if he serves up winning peformances in the CC Final or the GF :eusa16:
None of the players you mentioned have put themselves in a position to possibly kill someone either by their stupidity in drink driving and being a coward in denying it so
dont talk crap.By the way I will not praise Hardaker and imo opinion the club are as cowardly as he is.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:I'm extremely dissapointed with the club. What makes Wigan believe we are any better than Leeds or Cas at handling this behaviour.

Have we really staked that much on Hardaker for 2019?

We are suppose to be a family friendly club what type of person is Hardaker for kids to look up to be?
Exactly my sentiments.
With everything he's done at least he's never bottled a team mate or bet against his own team, those indiscretions didn't stop those 2 players becoming club favourites did it, I bet you where both big fans of Bateman this year and Gleeson after single handedly winning the 2010 Grand final, I wonder if you will be praising Hardaker if he serves up winning peformances in the CC Final or the GF :eusa16:
I said we should get rid of Bateman at the time actually. Also has it been proven he did bottle a team mate? I thought it was a gym door, no wait it was a window...

This is entirely different from bateman, we didnt hire bateman on his last chance saloon. Bateman didnt disgrace the shirt before he had plyed a game.

On Gleeson, i was only a casual fan in 2010 just getting back into the sport that i hadnt watched since school ( 5 years earlier)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

what about giving Zak a chance as of... today? or is that a silly idea?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Nuff said on ZH Decission.
Apart from i thought.What if get up Friday and hes signed for Sts.
How would i feel realy,honestly.Barbas done one.Crossed my mind.
I would make Our French Lightening Bolt Fullback-N01.Make Zak work like a dog for that shirt.Which keeps Morgan on his toes also.Would hate to loose Morgan Escare.I think hes a real talent still in the making.Zaks here and we need to help and support the club now.Its a bore,but time will tell.

A mad mad world we live Ladies and Gents.They have taken over the asylum.

4G
moto748

Post by moto748 »

4 Generations wrote: I would make Our French Lightening Bolt Fullback-N01. Make Zak work like a dog for that shirt.

4G

I actually don't think that's such a bad idea, but I'd be very surprised if it happened.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I think the club (IL & Rads) have made the right decision.
Hardaker has a past but he's now a Wigan RLFC employee with a contract of employment. The club has a duty of care to its employees.

They have done the best they can by sending him to rehab and hopefully Zak can benefit and come away from it being the better player and better person he mentions in his statement.

Whatever has gone on in the past the club are where they are and so is Zak Hardaker. He obviously has a problem with alcohol and needs help in overcoming that problem.
Whether it is successful or not time will tell but he is going to best place. I wish Zak Hardaker well and hope he can come away with a great future in front of him.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’m backing the club in helping Zak, he has a severe problem & has probably not had the proper help he needs.

But, I feel he needs to earn his place in the team & not just walk into it by ousting a player, eg Escare, who has done nothing but give his all for the club!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:I’m backing the club in helping Zak, he has a severe problem & has probably not had the proper help he needs.

But, I feel he needs to earn his place in the team & not just walk into it by ousting a player, eg Escare, who has done nothing but give his all for the club!
On a human level I hope the lad gets himself sorted and if he does I’m sure he will be in the first team with haste,the club are in now for a decent amount of cash what with the appeal and now residential rehab,he’s not here to earn his his place as soon as he’s passed match for I’m sure he will play.

Being cynical Lenegan has backed this horse and he won’t be stabled very long once his fitness returns.