Re: ZAK STAYS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hanley the God!

Post by Hanley the God! »

His agent says that all his issues begin with "I went out for a few drinks". Then presumably Zak was pissed on the pitch playing for Castleford when he came out with homeophobic comments to the officials and players! Doh! The guy has more lives than a cat and endless 2nd chances. I'm afraid he's a liability to our club! An embarrassment to our club (without even playing). He'd better be a legend on the pitch otherwise I can't see much forgiveness from the fans. But I'll bet he lets us down ....
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

So if we mange to keep SOL who do we think will be on the pitch the most Zak or SOL
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Hanley the God! wrote:His agent says that all his issues begin with "I went out for a few drinks". Then presumably Zak was pissed on the pitch playing for Cash when he came out with homeophobic comments to the officials and players! Doh! The guy has more lives than a cat and endless 2nd chances. I'm afraid he's a liability to our club! An embarrassment to our club (without even playing). He'd better be a legend on the pitch otherwise I can't see much forgiveness from the fans. But I'll bet he lets us down ....
When we had Gelling he was a player who always made me nervous. Brilliant one minute, brain fart the next. It's similar with Hardaker except this time I am just waiting for the massive brain fart off the pitch which if past history is anything to go by, will occur towards the end of September 2019 if he lasts that long.

So however good he is on the pitch it will always be a surprise to me he actually makes it from one game to the next.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think we really need him and now its too late for a Plan B. I'd also say that this suggests Lockers is on his way.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Caboosegg wrote:I'm extremely dissapointed with the club. What makes Wigan believe we are any better than Leeds or Cas at handling this behaviour.

Have we really staked that much on Hardaker for 2019?

We are suppose to be a family friendly club what type of person is Hardaker for kids to look up to be?
Exactly my sentiments.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:I think we really need him and now its too late for a Plan B.
I am sure that is the motivation.

It's rank hypocrisy form the club though given they fired off Joel Tomkins for far less. Why didn't the club exercise it's duty of care with JT? He was also under the influence but did not drink drive or try and run away from the police. Nor has he in the past assaulted a student, picked up a five game ban for homophobic comments, been banned for drug use nor done for drink driving, driving while uninsured and in a car with no M.O.T.

I guess Joel's mistake was not actually decking the barmaid and being convicted of assault! Then perhaps the club would have felt it had duty or care to him? But then probably not. His misbehaviour was a convenient excuse to bin him off. Just as this "duty of care " rubbish is the excuse to retain Hardaker.

Didn't anyone at the club have the brains to think this obvious comparison would be made? They bin off a player who played 237 game for club but feel a duty of care to a player who has never even pulled the jersey on? Pull the other one.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

This is a disgraceful decision, I am sure Joel T will have something to say considering he made 1 mistake and Hardaker has made a career of it.If I were Escare I would tell the club to shove the No 1 jersey up their a**** and who could blame him.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

old hooker wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:I'm extremely dissapointed with the club. What makes Wigan believe we are any better than Leeds or Cas at handling this behaviour.

Have we really staked that much on Hardaker for 2019?

We are suppose to be a family friendly club what type of person is Hardaker for kids to look up to be?
Exactly my sentiments.
With everything he's done at least he's never bottled a team mate or bet against his own team, those indiscretions didn't stop those 2 players becoming club favourites did it, I bet you where both big fans of Bateman this year and Gleeson after single handedly winning the 2010 Grand final, I wonder if you will be praising Hardaker if he serves up winning peformances in the CC Final or the GF :eusa16:
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I think everything has been said. The board and decision makers have brought shame on this historic club. I cannot believe they have done this and insulted both club and fans. These people own the club but they dont own the history and what the club stands for. We want to win everything but not with people who have no morals at all. They will not own the club for ever but they will leave the club stained in history for this terrible decision. Im saddened with the desision and think back to my dad and grandads day and can only think what they would think, I cannot bring myself to cheer this person and hope ALL fans do not cheer him on for his digraceful behaviour. I do hope he gets help with his drinking problem but his behaviour is another thing. I just wish we could make a stance to let them know it is not what we want.

This is a dark period for our club

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Agree with all of this. Why the club thinks its better than others at dealing with problem players I have no idea. It failed with Hock and when senior players like J Tomkins behave as they did the idea that there is some grand ethos pervading through the club does not hold water.

As to the club staking much on him for 2019. Of course it has. We all know who has left and hardaker is a cheap way of replacing Sam T. Basically it's motivated by saving money IMO.[/quote]

Replacing the most expensive player in the league’s pointing and talking shouldn’t be expensive. Though he was in the top 3 full players to 0lay full back on Saturday. And a bronze medal is no disgrace. ????

As for the club’s actions here, they have got him to go into rehab, something none of his previous clubs have done. Who knows if it will work, but we have put in place a plan of action, and are going far beyond a duty of care platitude.

I wanted him to be sacked, but if he were to stay it had to be on the basis that we had a defined plan for him, and that he was going to choose to get clean and sober himself. What he said and getting him into Sprting Chance looks to me like making the best of a bad lot.

As to our standards, I would have sacked Flower, Joel T and Bateman.