Re: ZAK STAYS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The club have gone too far with him not to really will it work if we knew that I’d be changing me lottery numbers.

I hope it does but I’m not holding my breath
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I'm extremely dissapointed with the club. What makes Wigan believe we are any better than Leeds or Cas at handling this behaviour.

Have we really staked that much on Hardaker for 2019?

We are suppose to be a family friendly club what type of person is Hardaker for kids to look up to be?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

I really don't want him associated with our club. Driving after drinking then running from the police shows he is an idiot. We should be giving Morgan the 1 jersey. He obviously has issues he needs to sort out away from rugby. I have no sympathy for him however, From his homophobic slurs to his drugs ban this guy is bad news.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Reckon the club have taken the right path. He's going into a form of rehab. If he cocks up after this then he'll be gone sharpish.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Residential rehab is all very well, but it only has a CHANCE of working if the individual really wants to change their behaviour.

I agree we should be giving Escare the no. 1 jersey and Hardaker a higher squad number, just to reinforce he has to earn his position. It'll be a complete joke if the club allows him to come straight in to a first team start.

Over to you Mr Lam.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Well done Wigan, let's hope Zak can replicate the actions of the club.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Well done Wigan, let's hope Zak can replicate the actions of the club.
He already has.

Chose the wrong option despite knowing its not a good idea.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

It was clear as day duty of care would kick in and he'd stay, it's a get out of jail free card these days.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:I'm extremely dissapointed with the club. What makes Wigan believe we are any better than Leeds or Cas at handling this behaviour.

Have we really staked that much on Hardaker for 2019?

We are suppose to be a family friendly club what type of person is Hardaker for kids to look up to be?
Agree with all of this. Why the club thinks its better than others at dealing with problem players I have no idea. It failed with Hock and when senior players like J Tomkins behave as they did the idea that there is some grand ethos pervading through the club does not hold water.

As to the club staking much on him for 2019. Of course it has. We all know who has left and hardaker is a cheap way of replacing Sam T. Basically it's motivated by saving money IMO.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

A bold move by the club backing a troubled bloke who's likely to let us down again. I'm actually pleased that we're prepared to help an employee with a severe drink problem. The 'package' seems to involve a full range of treatment and nobody can say we haven't done everything possible to help him. If he fails again he has nowhere to go and at least we've tried.