Wigan Warriors approached to stage home game on the road... but no plans ‘at this stage’

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors approached to stage home game on the road... but no plans ‘at this stage’

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan have been approached about taking another home game on the road - but Kris Radlinski says they have no immediate plans to move a match from the DW Stadium. Earlier this year, the Warriors made history by staging a Super League game against Hull FC in Wollongong. That was followed by a friendly against Souths the following week.

Chairman Ian Lenagan told the Wigan Observer earlier this year they would not be repeating the exercise in 2019. And executive director Kris Radlinski has revealed they have been approached but have no concrete plans in place.

He told today’s League Express: “On the back of what happened in New South Wales we’ve been approached by a number of places. “We’ve not made a commitment to anything at this stage and we’ll see what happens.”

Wigan would prefer to host Sydney Roosters in the World Club Challenge next February, although a venue has not been finalised.

And they may be playing in Barcelona next season if Catalans’ plans of moving their home fixture to the Nou Camp materialises.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9407376
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Wigan Warriors approached to stage home game on the road... but...

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I wonder if the plan is to finalise the WCC, and then offer that as a season ticket game, while we play a “home” game in Barcelona. If so, I think I could just about live with that.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Pay for season ticket and have less home games... hmmm. Sort it out Wigan
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’ll say this and my wife suggested it first that if we lose out on another home game,given out season tickets have gone up 30 quid this season then this will be the last time we buy a season ticket,I’m tired of being treated as a cleaning rag by Lenegan and Radlinski mad arsed schemes.

I’ll just pick and choose the games we go to.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote:I’ll say this and my wife suggested it first that if we lose out on another home game,given out season tickets have gone up 30 quid this season then this will be the last time we buy a season ticket,I’m tired of being treated as a cleaning rag by Lenegan and Radlinski mad arsed schemes.

My season ticket is the same price as last year.

Why has yours gone up £30 ????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

josie andrews wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:I’ll say this and my wife suggested it first that if we lose out on another home game,given out season tickets have gone up 30 quid this season then this will be the last time we buy a season ticket,I’m tired of being treated as a cleaning rag by Lenegan and Radlinski mad arsed schemes.

Mine and my friends is the same as well ! But perhaps it might have something to do with the "Auto Renewal" price scheme, if that was opted out of this time ?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Nezza Faz wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

Mine and my friends is the same as well ! But perhaps it might have something to do with the "Auto Renewal" price scheme, if that was opted out of this time ?
Yup bang on I wasn’t sure w how the renewal scheme would work so I opted out of it and quicker than you can say boom an extra 30 quid for the privilege,ironically is bought and paid for tickets pretty much as they went on sale,just not on the renewal scheme.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Moan bloody moan!
Wigan season tickets are very good value for money.
My over all price has gone up £30 too. That's because my grandson's ticket has gone from zero being under five to £30 as he's now had his fifth birthday. A season's matches for £30, that's value ok!

We can talk all we like but Rugby League in general and Wigan in particular are very good value compared to other live sporting matches.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I did the auto renewal ????
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:I did the auto renewal ????
I had originally done that last season but for some reason the direct debit never set up and if I’m honest I’d never given it a second thought until people started to notice the payment was due,then the penny dropped it hadn’t set up.