O'Loughlin insists he's staying at Wigan in 2019 despite Leeds speculation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: O'Loughlin insists he's staying at Wigan in 2019 despite Leeds speculation

Post by medlocke »

He won us that game against NZ single-handedly, Oh no, Wait a minute
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Do you actually lift your arse off the chair when you talk through it?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

I have been a big fan over the years off SOL.But today he put less than15 mins in against New Zealand does he really deserve his place I think everybody on this forum would say no if he wasn't a Wigan player
endoman

Post by endoman »

For his own long term health he needs to retire now.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Well we don't know his injury situation etc, but he certainly didn't do himself any favours today.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

I do not agree with some that he should retire from us. But he should have walked away from England after last year's world cup.

England won that with 16 men which is some achievement considering how easily NZ did the Aussies last time out. Score got closer after that game was won.

Thought NZ did an England and lost the game more than England winning it. Good game and brutal at times.

It's now obvious that internationally we have caught them all up. Interesting times ahead given that the kangaroos have lost 3 immortals inside a year.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I must admit I fully expected Lockers to retire from international football after the World Cup,his playing on makes little sense as he will be what 38 or so next time round, he simply won't be there,a nettle needs grasping there as surely as it does at Wigan next season and him moving into a long and hopefully successful coaching career.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:I must admit I fully expected Lockers to retire from international football after the World Cup,his playing on makes little sense as he will be what 38 or so next time round, he simply won't be there,a nettle needs grasping there as surely as it does at Wigan next season and him moving into a long and hopefully successful coaching career.
I agree.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I have always been a big fan of Lockers but I do believe the time has come for him to retire from Rugby as a player, he adds very little these days.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

This is the Sean O’Loughlin who was central to our grand final win 2 weeks ago? He will do for me for next year. None of us knows what the nature of yesterday’s injury was so how about the people who know what issues he actually has make an informed decision? I hesitate to call anyone on here trolls, but it does strike me that there are a number of posters who would pile in on a thread like this who bizarrely are never seen on the upbeat threads praising the champions. If anyone wants to cheer themselves up have a look at his switch for Manfredi’s try 15 days ago...