O'Loughlin insists he's staying at Wigan in 2019 despite Leeds speculation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: O'Loughlin insists he's staying at Wigan in 2019 despite Leeds speculation

Post by No straw damn us »

O'Loughlins injury is another calf problem. It's the same one that caused him to miss last years World Cup Final and a few Wigan games this year.
I don't know if it can be operated on or just needs rest, but Wigan do need to be careful with Lockers for his own and the clubs future.He isn't going to be playing in the next World Cup so I think it best he call it a day at International level.
As for Wigan I would consider using him as a ball playing prop so that he can be spelled during games.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The problem we will have is having a long term captain to replace him.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ancientnloyal wrote:The problem we will have is having a long term captain to replace him.
Which isn't really a reason to have him go round again
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Not saying it is and for what it’s worth IMO he’s taking up a lot of salary cap.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote:Not saying it is and for what it’s worth IMO he’s taking up a lot of salary cap.
I don’t think he does take up a lot of the salary cap. That’s because he has been at Wigan 10 years & longer
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:Not saying it is and for what it’s worth IMO he’s taking up a lot of salary cap.
I don’t think he does take up a lot of the salary cap. That’s because he has been at Wigan 10 years & longer
I don't think the 10 year rule applies now.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
I don't think the 10 year rule applies now.
It doesn't and actually this changes my position. There is no way we get value out of Lockers.

He surely must not be retained as a player in 2019?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I would love to know how many minutes he has played in each game this season
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:This is the Sean O’Loughlin who was central to our grand final win 2 weeks ago? He will do for me for next year. None of us knows what the nature of yesterday’s injury was so how about the people who know what issues he actually has make an informed decision? I hesitate to call anyone on here trolls, but it does strike me that there are a number of posters who would pile in on a thread like this who bizarrely are never seen on the upbeat threads praising the champions. If anyone wants to cheer themselves up have a look at his switch for Manfredi’s try 15 days ago...
So Lockers was central to our GF win yet Sam was only the 3rd best FB on the pitch?

Wow! :lol: :lol: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:This is the Sean O’Loughlin who was central to our grand final win 2 weeks ago? He will do for me for next year. None of us knows what the nature of yesterday’s injury was so how about the people who know what issues he actually has make an informed decision? I hesitate to call anyone on here trolls, but it does strike me that there are a number of posters who would pile in on a thread like this who bizarrely are never seen on the upbeat threads praising the champions. If anyone wants to cheer themselves up have a look at his switch for Manfredi’s try 15 days ago...
So Lockers was central to our GF win yet Sam was only the 3rd best FB on the pitch?

Wow! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I suppose Lockers was more influential for England on Saturday as well?

:lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett