O'Loughlin insists he's staying at Wigan in 2019 despite Leeds speculation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: O'Loughlin insists he's staying at Wigan in 2019 despite Leeds speculation

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:This is the Sean O’Loughlin who was central to our grand final win 2 weeks ago? He will do for me for next year. None of us knows what the nature of yesterday’s injury was so how about the people who know what issues he actually has make an informed decision? I hesitate to call anyone on here trolls, but it does strike me that there are a number of posters who would pile in on a thread like this who bizarrely are never seen on the upbeat threads praising the champions. If anyone wants to cheer themselves up have a look at his switch for Manfredi’s try 15 days ago...
So Lockers was central to our GF win yet Sam was only the 3rd best FB on the pitch?

Wow! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I suppose Lockers was more influential for England on Saturday as well?

:lol:
9 minutes of awesomeness
SJ

Post by SJ »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: So Lockers was central to our GF win yet Sam was only the 3rd best FB on the pitch?

Wow! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still baffled as to why Bennet selected Lockers. Poor reflection of our available choices although I'm "en rapport " with Meds (I jest)
I suppose Lockers was more influential for England on Saturday as well?

:lol:
9 minutes of awesomeness
:cool:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Looks like we know who next years player to be targeted by "fans" is.

Lockers was talking to the players before they went on the pitch at the GF pointing stuff out and id presume explaining what they needed to do. His value isnt just what he offers on the pitch but also in the camp and team leadership wise.

With the amount of upheaval this year i think letting lockers go would be the worst mistake we could make!!!

On his 9 min for england that kick would have been amazing if it had come off and it wasnt to far of doing so, to come up with that on the fly vs a good NZ team.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan are not letting him go so the only debate should be does he offer VFM? Given that we don't know his salary and his involvement/value behind the scenes then the only thing we can judge him on is his performances. Now, given that nobody has a crystal ball then I think we will just have to wait and see.

One thing I do know, Lockers is an honest lad and if he didn't think that he could contribute effectively to the club then he would not contemplate going around again.

Secondly, I trust both IFL and Lammy's judgement.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Caboosegg wrote:Looks like we know who next years player to be targeted by "fans" is.

Lockers was talking to the players before they went on the pitch at the GF pointing stuff out and id presume explaining what they needed to do. His value isnt just what he offers on the pitch but also in the camp and team leadership wise.

With the amount of upheaval this year i think letting lockers go would be the worst mistake we could make!!!

On his 9 min for england that kick would have been amazing if it had come off and it wasnt to far of doing so, to come up with that on the fly vs a good NZ team.
You really are singing out of tune with the has beens(ex) and the drips under pressure(spurts)!!:)
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

On Granada reports Lockers has signed another 12 months contract.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/#YFCxxjZ6rMEEzbl8.97
jaws1

Lockers staying at Wigan

Post by jaws1 »

Wigan skipper Sean O’Loughlin has signed a new one-year contract extension with the BETFRED Super League Champions for the 2019 season
The 36-year old, who captained Wigan to the BETFRED Super League title at Old Trafford earlier this month (October) in his 16th season with his hometown club, has signed a new-deal to remain at the DW Stadium with a view to become part of the Warriors coaching staff when he retires from the game.
As one of Wigan’s most successful captains, O’Loughlin has skippered Wigan to four Super League titles, two Challenge Cups and a World Club Challenge title since being made captain in 2006.
One of rugby league’s most respected and revered figures, O’Loughlin has also captained England and represented Lancashire in a glittering playing-career, with the loose-forward being named in the Super League dream team on seven occasions. O’Loughlin will continue to assist the Academy as a coach alongside his playing commitments, working alongside new Head of Youth and former Wigan teammate, Mick Cassidy.
Reacting to signing his latest deal, O’Loughlin said: “I came to the decision that I’d like to play on and I’m very grateful to the club for giving me the opportunity to do so. It is no secret that I’ve always wanted to play for this club, so I’m delighted to be able to extend my career here next season. Coaching is a route I have always wanted to go down so I’m also happy to have the opportunity to do so after I’ve retired. As a club we are starting a new chapter with Adrian (Lam) and I’m looking forward to helping the team defend our Super League title in 2019.”

Read more at https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018 ... -year-deal #1pSoEbsVgQ1h82kR.99[/url]
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Yes, that should upset the 'couchies'!
It certainly won't upset their wallets!!:)
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Good, I'm glad he's re-signed.
Lockers' leadership is unrivaled in SL and his future beyond his playing days will be I'm sure will be at Wigan.
This really is good news!
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Good, I'm glad he's re-signed.
Lockers' leadership is unrivaled in SL and his future beyond his playing days will be I'm sure will be at Wigan.
This really is good news!
Terrific news. Will be an immense influence around the club both on and off the field with all the changes taking place.