Davies: Keeping it in the family

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Davies: Keeping it in the family

Post by josie andrews »

When Tom Davies crossed the whitewash in Wigan Warriors’ 2018 Grand Final win against Warrington earlier this month he unknowingly penned another chapter of the Davies family sporting history.

Rewind 84-years and Tom’s great grandfather, Gwynne Davies, was a try scorer in the 1934 Championship Final that saw Wigan secure their fourth League Championship by defeating a Salford side containing the legendary Gus at Wilderspool Stadium, Warrington.

Wigan’s latest try-scoring Davies crossed for a crucial try in the 2018 Grand Final, racing onto George Williams’ deft grubber kick to score in the 30th minute at Old Trafford to help Wigan to their 22nd League title and Tom was pleasantly surprised and proud to have followed in his great grandfather’s footsteps: “I love hearing about my great grandad and obviously with him being in my family, it touches you.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018 ... cKkvcLA.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan