Wigan great Andy Gregory to join an elite club of rugby league legends

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan great Andy Gregory to join an elite club of rugby league legends

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OAMJSONA

Re: Wigan great Andy Gregory to join an elite club of rugby league legends

Post by OAMJSONA »

The greatest No7 this country as ever produced and this accolade is fully deserved.

A good friend of mine also
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

old hooker

Re: Wigan great Andy Gregory to join an elite club of rugby...

Post by old hooker »

Fully deserved, Greg was a tremendous player in his day.It is very difficult to compare players from different eras but it in this case I would say without doubt Alex Murphy was the best of all.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Great player and very well deserved. However the best this country has produced, not for me.
From the players I have seen, I would have Murphy, Jackie Edwards, Roger Millward and Shaun Edwards before him.
bertina

Post by bertina »

No straw damn us wrote: Great player and very well deserved. However the best this country has produced, not for me.
From the players I have seen, I would have Murphy, Jackie Edwards, Roger Millward and Shaun Edwards before him.
Couldn't argue too much with Murphy or Jackie Edwards, but purely as a scrum half I think Greg was way better than Shaun.
robbobillinge

Post by robbobillinge »

A little story about Andy. One morning my Mrs said "bugger you lying in bed I'm going out on my bike". I turned over and went back to sleep. Next minute the phone goes and this voice is saying "Hi John, its Andy Gregory here". You can imagine my confusion! He then said my wife had been knocked off her bike by Soapy Joes in Ashton. I jumped in the car and screamed round there to see Andy directing traffic whilst a passing nurse who had also stopped tended to my wife. Eventually the ambulance arrived and she was taken to Wigan Infirmary and pronounced ok after all the tests. The driver, who had turned in front of my Mrs to go in Soapy Joes ,was walking up and down with his head in his hands. He got sent on a driver awareness course-fine.

I understand Andy had a few problems after leaving the game, but is ok now. I will never forget that phone call, and his help that day. Top bloke.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

One of my favourite players. A well deserved honour.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've always said, Andy Gregory was the guy that made me fall in love with rugby league.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

One of the very best on the field I have seen. Shame the club cant get him involved with us in some way. Looking after these guys who have given so much pleasure and struggled away from the game seems to be happening more these days.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

He was the guy that always changed a game in wigans favour....... edwards and hanley had there off days but greg very rarely did......well deserved coz if edwards is in then greg had to be a certainty
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE