George Williams reiterates commitment to Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

George Williams reiterates commitment to Wigan Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

George Williams has underlined his commitment to Wigan, declaring he has no intention of moving to the NRL for at least two more years.

Chairman Ian Lenagan admitted earlier this year he had attracted interest from some Australian clubs.

But Williams said a report linking him with an immediate move had been “blown out of proportion”. He is on a marquee contract with Wigan which runs until the end of 2020, with an option for a further year.

And in a fresh interview yesterday, he reiterated his commitment to stay with the Warriors before exploring NRL options down the track.

“It’s something I want to do at some point but I’ve got another few years in the Super League and I’m committed to that,”

Williams told the NRL’s official website. “I’m only 23 so hopefully have a long career ahead of me and when the time is right I’ll look into a move. “But for now I’m enjoying rugby league here in England and the success Wigan is having.”

Liverpool fan Williams yesterday visited Anfield ahead of Sunday’s second Test against New Zealand.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9420022
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Josie's friend

Re: George Williams reiterates commitment to Wigan Warriors

Post by Josie's friend »

Didn't he ask for a year out to go to Oz?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Josie's friend wrote:Didn't he ask for a year out to go to Oz?
Not that I’m aware of.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

It's a pity he won't be playing with Sam Tomkins alongside him at Wigan next year.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jobo wrote:It's a pity he won't be playing with Sam Tomkins alongside him at Wigan next year.
+1
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote:
jobo wrote:It's a pity he won't be playing with Sam Tomkins alongside him at Wigan next year.
+1
ide be a lot happier if the johnson rumour comes true
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE